No. Running Windows XP Pro.
It was working a bit flakey at first. I had an HTC TyTN synching perfectly on ActiveSync 4.5. When I got my Advantage in, I hooked it up and it acted a bit weird but trying to hurry and get my phone up and running I avoided setting up the relationship so it was a "guest". I installed software onto my Advantage without a problem. Later, once I got my stuff migrated from TyTn to Advantage, I deleted all existing relationships in ActiveSync then tried to join the Advantage to it and it knows the phone is there but won't establish a profile with it. Did a repair on 4.5, didn't work. Uninstalled/reinstalled 4.5, didn't work. Uninstalled 4.5 and installed 4.2 (the version on the CD), didn't work. Researched ActiveSync and noticed that one of the dependent services was stopped...I activated this service, rebooted...didn't work. ActiveSync uses a TCP/IP port to listen on so I did "telnet 127.0.0.1 xxxx" where xxxx is the port and it's there listening, so requests can be accepted.
I'll probably try hard resetting my device this weekend if no one has any recommendations. Once I find the answer I'll post it here.
Possible causes are:
- Corrupt ActiveSync on laptop. An uninstall/reinstall should have resolved this unless the unlerlying OS files that ActiveSync utilizes are corrupt and those weren't repaired/replaced during the reinstall.
- Corrupt ActiveSync on phone. Can't be uninstalled/reinstalled to my knowledge without a hard reset so not much I can do.
- Maybe the GPRS monitor I installed caused a problem. I initially installed the one that came on the CD but had to remove it because it kept locking up the phone and slowing things down significantly.