"Phone not ready -wait 15 seconds"

Tip us?

RosscoUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default "Phone not ready -wait 15 seconds"

Hi all,

First post on this great site - keep up the good work!

I have an issue with my MDA Compact II - I've recently sacked my T-Mobile contract, and have a work contract with Orange, which I now use (I've used Lokiwiz to unlock the phone). Unfortunately my Orange SIM doesn't fully work on my MDA. I can make/receive calls with no problems, but whenever I try to send a text message, the following dialogue pops up:

"The phone is not ready. Wait 15 seconds and try again."

Well, I could wait for 15 hours and it wouldn't change. I've removed the battery, and left that for an hour, still no difference. I've recently upgraded my ROM to see if that would make a difference - no joy. My current version:

ROM - 2.6.2.27 WWE

Any help would be appreciated - I'm having to use an exceedingly boring Nokia 6021 at the moment! I don't really want to resort to just using my MDA as a PDA! Cheers - let me know if you need further information to answer my question.

dave106
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Upgrade your Radio stack

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21#post1112216

Worked for me.

CBCOUK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Aparently, the SIM's used in a M3100 are designed specifically for these devices and later. Thats the official line from Orange...Just spoke to them for 45 minutes trying out 5 different devices and they have concluded its a "compatability issue"

I was using an M3100 SIM in an M600...although it DOES work in an E650...

Hope this helps!