MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Sponsor for true VGA mode on Athena?

26th April 2007, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 2

1,853 posts
More
How much would it cost to sponsor someone to get true VGA working on the Athena and get all of the icon and display issues resolved then post the package on the forum for everyone to download?

If the price is right I may be willing to sponsor such a project. If anyone wants to contribute you're welcome to join in.

I just don't know how to do this myself or would. But I would be willing to pay for someone's time to get this done and give it away for free to everyone on the forum.
26th April 2007, 09:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
it must be really cheap because if you try TrueVGA you can see that there are only 2 ore 3 bugs...

CommManager
3G Icon
Software Keyboard (use Resco, it is much better *gg*)

So it canīt be difficult for an expert ....
I regrettably donīt know what to do :(
26th April 2007, 10:38 AM   |  #3  
Flag London

59 posts
More
WM6 and VGA
According to this article:
https://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile...revisited.aspx

WM6 supports VGA - 640x480:

Would it not be better to wait for the Ameo WM6 upgrade?
26th April 2007, 10:48 AM   |  #4  

42 posts
More
That are good news!!!
26th April 2007, 01:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

676 posts
More
You could also check the universal forums for different icons and fixes for TrueVga and OzVga. Also see ViJay555 site (not sure of spelling) he made several fixes for Universal trueVga on the Universal forums. He has developed many utilities and applications for PPC's.
26th April 2007, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag USA

1,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmart

it must be really cheap because if you try TrueVGA you can see that there are only 2 ore 3 bugs...

CommManager
3G Icon
Software Keyboard (use Resco, it is much better *gg*)

So it canīt be difficult for an expert ....
I regrettably donīt know what to do :(

Thanks for the reply. My keyboard works perfectly in trueVGA mode. The problems I've identified are CommManager, Connection Icon, Phone (which was fixed with a CAB file so is no longer an issue, some setting screens also, the HTC icon bar for the Today screen...and I know there are others. I can provide an exhaustive listing if needed.
26th April 2007, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag USA

1,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle 1

You could also check the universal forums for different icons and fixes for TrueVga and OzVga. Also see ViJay555 site (not sure of spelling) he made several fixes for Universal trueVga on the Universal forums. He has developed many utilities and applications for PPC's.

Thanks! I tried searching the Universal forum but after an hour didn't find much. I'll go back and look. I just want this to work so I'm willing to pay to get it done and am also willing to give it out for free to everyone else. I'm glad to hear WM6 will support VGA. It's long overdue, especially since the devices with a hack can do it.
26th April 2007, 04:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag USA

1,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonter

According to this article:
https://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile...revisited.aspx

WM6 supports VGA - 640x480:

Would it not be better to wait for the Ameo WM6 upgrade?

I'm confused. Doesn't the x7500 currently support 640x480 or something like that? When I used trueVGA and everything fits, what resolution is it running at?
21st May 2007, 04:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5

3,750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltxda

Thanks for the reply. My keyboard works perfectly in trueVGA mode. The problems I've identified are CommManager, Connection Icon, Phone (which was fixed with a CAB file so is no longer an issue, some setting screens also, the HTC icon bar for the Today screen...and I know there are others. I can provide an exhaustive listing if needed.

May I add to this list Copilot Live (version 5 is what I'm using) - missing option configuration tabs. Also, the application is now covering only 1/4 of the screen. Not what I want really. I want it to cover the entire screen.

I think the entire HTCHomeplug is unuseable and need replacement.

Oh well, may just have to switch back to QVGA when driving.
21st May 2007, 04:49 PM   |  #10  
Retired Moderator
Flag Bognor Regis
Thanks Meter: 12

1,731 posts
More
if someone wants to test for me i could probably get the OS working in true VGA, 3rd party apps however are another problem, some just never work properly in true VGA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread