Anyone else disappointed in the S6? (List those reasons)

Search This thread

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
I am really disappointed @ ‪#‎Samsung‬ !!! what have they done to the S6!! No removable battery, no water resistance, and worst of all NO MICRO SD card!! ‪#‎thenextbigflop‬‪. Samsung is going down hill, what a shame. One step forward and 3 steps back....i was really looking forward to it, i owned the S1, S2, S3, S4 and skipped the S5 figuring ide wait for the S6...now after the wait i'm really disappointed, i'de figure they would add some improvements, not remove the previous improvements.... Anyone else feel the same way? List those reason, maybe Samsung will listen, although it may be too little to late, they will lose major market share in premium handsets because of this move.

l.f.hant

Mar 2, 2015
I don't like the fact that it is no longer waterproof.

I have an S5 and although I don't dunk it in water, I do like the fact that I don't have to worry if I'm out and about in wet weather. From a simple mechanical engineering perspective, I would have thought the S6 would be easier to make waterproof than the S5 - smaller (USB2) port, sealed back, etc.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Well, I am pretty disappointed in the new Samsung S6. With the changes from the S4 (which I have), to the S5, and now the S6, it is pretty obvious Samsung does not have a concrete strategy and are just trying a shotgun method and see what sticks. The fact that they took out the removable battery feature and also MicroSD card is a deal breaker for me and I won't be purchasing the phone or any similar models like it in the future. This is just me personally, but if I were going to buy the S6 like it is right now, I'd rather just get the new Nexus 6 instead.

ZephCr

Feb 19, 2011
Bloomsburg
Totally disappointed, what happens when the battery starts going, we all know that'll happen down the road. Also why the hell should I buy a more expensive model for more gigs when I have a 128g sd card. I waited so long for this like you all I skipped the 5. Guess I'll have to get a note 4 with my upgrade and if they continue what they're doing I'll have to switch company's in the future.

Aqua1ung

Jun 17, 2010
Here are the cons in my view, in decreasing order of importance:
  1. Exynos instead of Qualcomm's 810, which means most likely no quality custom ROMs
  2. not waterproof
  3. no exchangeable battery
  4. no SD card, hence be extra careful with them factory resets

Reactions: 2390

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
  1. Exynos instead of Qualcomm's 810, which means most likely no quality custom ROMs
  2. not waterproof

1. Not true at all....
2. The S5 isn't WATERPROOF either..
3. I seriously wonder how many times you've changed your battery?

Please get your facts straight before posting ignorant things like this :rolleyes:

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
So far I had almost all Galaxy phones, even started with an Omnia. I had the Spica, S, S II, S3, and now I own Note 3. But the S4 was not much more than the S3, so I bought the Note 3, specially for the big screen. The S5 was good again, but smaller than my Note, and not much faster. The Note 4 didn't have any real improvements over the Note 3.

But this one? It probably means no custom roms, another KNOX flag, no SD card, and you can't rip the battery out if it boot loops. And it's just too expensive. I think, I'll try out an Asus Zenfone 2 with 4GB RAM and 64 bit x86 processor.

Reactions: Breach1337

MadBob

May 28, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi 12T Pro
I seriously wonder how many times you've changed your battery?

Please get your facts straight before posting ignorant things like this :rolleyes:

I permenantly carry a spare battery with me for my S4 and swap it out at least a couple of times every week. I also need to have 128GB space on top of my internal RAM. so I am not happy at all about this release.

Sep 24, 2013
I've posted in several threads already, my requirements for phone are pretty simple:
- AMOLED display
- Capacitive buttons below the actual display with hard home button
- Removable battery (for the inevitable time when it starts losing its charge)
- SD card because I do not want to keep everything in the cloud and because I do not want to pay megabucks for 64GB+ of onboard storage
- Cyanogenmod support
- Not too big (no phablets for me, even 5.1" is pushing it for me)
- Easy to repair if something breaks

Up until now Galaxy S line was perfect for me. Without removable battery or storage S6 has lost a lot of its appeal to me. The exynos processor is also hard to develop for, if you google, exynos processors have a very spotty Cyanogenmod support. Because of all this S6 is a non starter for me.

I've said it before, I think the new S6 look good if not downright gorgeous, but I cannot ignore the drawbacks. I'm sure Samsung will sell S6 in record numbers, I'm just sad that it's getting harder if not impossible to hit all the bulletpoints on my list. S4/S5 were the last phones where I didn't have to compromise on anything on my wish list. After S5 I'm going to have to give up one or the other feature if I ever want to get a new phone.

Reactions: Breach1337

paleman27

Dec 29, 2010
San Juan
I am really disappointed @ ‪#‎Samsung‬ !!! what have they done to the S6!! No removable battery, no water resistance, and worst of all NO MICRO SD card!! ‪#‎thenextbigflop‬‪. Samsung is going down hill, what a shame. One step forward and 3 steps back....i was really looking forward to it, i owned the S1, S2, S3, S4 and skipped the S5 figuring ide wait for the S6...now after the wait i'm really disappointed, i'de figure they would add some improvements, not remove the previous improvements.... Anyone else feel the same way? List those reason, maybe Samsung will listen, although it may be too little to late, they will lose major market share in premium handsets because of this move.

Not much to add. I concur 100% with everything you said, and I mean everything!!! I also owned the S1, S2, S3, S4 and skipped th S5... Battery and Micro SD, super deal breaker for me!!! What they were thinking? Where did they do they mktg research??? Certainly not here! I'm so freaking upset....

What other premium Android phone has a removable battery and micro SD? I can't give up any of those 2. I have four (4) spare batteries for my S4. My S4 has rarely seen a wall plug in the last year...

Last edited:

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I wonder if the new Note will have this set up as well ? I take a lot of pictures, so I use the MicroSD card extensively and that was one of the main reasons I got rid of my iPhone (among many) was because Apple was gouging just to have internal storage.

Like the other posters, I may look either at an older version or the Galaxy or another phone. The LG G3 actually created a removable battery from the G2 and has a microSD.

I believe the HTC M8 has a microSD but no removable battery. Of course the Nexus is just like the new Galaxy S6 except more custom ROM friendly.

MiyagiSan

Sep 18, 2014
1. Not true at all....

1. True. The Exynos platform is a dead end as far as AOSP custom roms are concerned. Modded stock roms are.....well....modded stock roms.

2. The S5 is IP67 rated. It has been tested by many reviewers and users independently and found to satisfy that IP67 rating.

3. I seriously wonder how many times one needs to change a battery before having the ability to change the battery becomes important...

Please get your facts straight... :angel:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I actually loved what they did with the S6. I had the S3 and S4, completely ignored the S5, but now Samsung has my attention again. I've never needed a microSD card and if battery life can last me 24 hours, that's really all I need. I have to say, I am very impressed overall with the S6.

Totally disappointed, what happens when the battery starts going, we all know that'll happen down the road. Also why the hell should I buy a more expensive model for more gigs when I have a 128g sd card. I waited so long for this like you all I skipped the 5. Guess I'll have to get a note 4 with my upgrade and if they continue what they're doing I'll have to switch company's in the future.

Not much to add. I concur 100% with everything you said, and I mean everything!!! I also owned the S1, S2, S3, S4 and skipped th S5... Battery and Micro SD, super deal breaker for me!!! What they were thinking? Where did they do they mktg research??? Certainly not here! I'm so freaking upset....

Why did you guys all skip the Galaxy S5 (given that it was the best of the Galaxy S series - if you ignore TouchWiz's attrocious performance issues)?

I ask because many have expressed the view that the poorer-than-expected sales figures for the S5 (presumably compared to the Galaxy Alphas) led to these design decisions for the S6.

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
Although I would FAR prefer it had a removable battery, if Samsung's efficiency claims are true, I could probably live with the S6 on that account. Water resistance would have been a nice addition, although not a deal breaker. No SD card is by far the biggest negative for me. I will not use any cloud service for a number of reasons, and being locked into even 128GB of non-expandable storage makes this phone a huge disappointment to me. If it just had an SD slot, I would almost certainly buy the 128GB, non-Edge version, although I still want to see what the G4 & Z4 have to offer. As of now, the S6 is no longer even a consideration for me. Maybe they'll come out with a Developer Edition/Active/Rugged version with an SD card, in which case I'd probably continue buying Samsung, because spec-wise, the S6 looks head and shoulders above every contender. They managed to include a SIM slot, they could have easily added an SD slot.

kublis

Mar 19, 2009
Goes to show that we can't have everything. Waterproof, removable battery, and added SD card means plastic casing. Metal casing means none of the above. People will always complain till they can put the 2 together.

I personally prefer to have the above even though it means plastic casing. It's what it is inside and what it can do that counts. Not what it look like or what it is made of. Just my 2 cents..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bangkokguy

Nov 28, 2010
Budapest
  2. not waterproof

The same here.
S6 is a shame. Useless for sy who wants to use his/her knowledge and freedom in a tidy way.

Reactions: Rudolpht

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio

Where to begin?

No removable battery a glass back not to mention gorilla glass hype that i can not stand it is just tempered glass. Iphone 6 look right down to the horrid flattened capsule shape that is a very weak shape. If i want a iphone 6 ill get a iphone 6. Why the hell they made it look like a iphone i have no clue. And a glass back just means more glass to break. No sd card no removable battery all huge mistakes. Im a repair tech and i will not buy or recommend this phone unless it is very easy to get worked on. Even then ill likely steer people towards another companies flag ship device or the note 3 or 4 or if samsung done copy the s6 crap to the note 5 a note 5. This phone is just one big mistake.

D

Deleted member 2747343

the only thing im disappointed about is the release date, april 10???!?!?!?!

Reactions: MasK

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
Why did you guys all skip the Galaxy S5 (given that it was the best of the Galaxy S series - if you ignore TouchWiz's attrocious performance issues)?

I ask because many have expressed the view that the poorer-than-expected sales figures for the S5 (presumably compared to the Galaxy Alphas) led to these design decisions for the S6.

Mostly because I've already had my Note 3. And I bought the Note 3, because to me the S4 was only a refurbished S3. By the time the i9505 the LTE model with the Snapdragon chip came out the Note 3 was already hyped, and then I fell in love with the huge screen I can still carry in my pocket. And the S5 is almost the same specs, but with smaller screen, and less RAM, and only 16GB avalilable unless you want to dig around a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually loved what they did with the S6. I had the S3 and S4, completely ignored the S5, but now Samsung has my attention again. I've never needed a microSD card and if battery life can last me 24 hours, that's really all I need. I have to say, I am very impressed overall with the S6.
    2. not waterproof

1. Not true at all....

All of you people complaining make me sick... You do realize their are like a million other phones on the market. Why make a thread to complain about why you ARE NOT EVEN GETTING THIS PHONE?! Are ya'll 10yrs old or something and just like to b**** and moan?

#FirstWorldProblems
    I don't like the fact that it is no longer waterproof.

I have an S5 and although I don't dunk it in water, I do like the fact that I don't have to worry if I'm out and about in wet weather. From a simple mechanical engineering perspective, I would have thought the S6 would be easier to make waterproof than the S5 - smaller (USB2) port, sealed back, etc.