Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Exchange 2010 Push Mail W/ Outlook Anywhere,Alias's, POP Forwarding, NOW w/ POP3/IMAP

OP DeniaL

14th May 2007, 02:06 AM   |  #81  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 3

131 posts
More
Everything working fine for me.

Very grateful, thanks a lot.

Not got the Oulook anywhere working yet but Im sure its a setting. Works brilliantly on my Tytn.

Rob
14th May 2007, 03:09 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
so here is my conundrum...whoops...see below...
Last edited by JimiMoore; 14th May 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: duplicate
14th May 2007, 03:18 PM   |  #83  

6 posts
so here is my conundrum...

i have been using the free variant of mail2web for my exchange needs for the past year or so. now of course i am amidst making a transition to DeniaL's getztek.com exchange offer.

here are my issues. since i do not have the capability with mail2web to use a local version of outlook on my computer (web outlook access only) i am having trouble figuring out how to grab all my tasks, appointments, and contacts from my mail2web account and transfering them to my getztek account. i also need to figure out how to remove the mail2web exchange information from my 8525 and inserting the getztek exchange information.

sorry if there are obvious answers to this. i really have searched the forum and google and stuff for possible remedies and usually i can come up with something. but at this point i seem to be stuck.

anyone else out there who left mail2web have any pointers for me?!

thanks. ~jimi
14th May 2007, 04:54 PM   |  #84  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiMoore

so here is my conundrum...

i have been using the free variant of mail2web for my exchange needs for the past year or so. now of course i am amidst making a transition to DeniaL's getztek.com exchange offer.

here are my issues. since i do not have the capability with mail2web to use a local version of outlook on my computer (web outlook access only) i am having trouble figuring out how to grab all my tasks, appointments, and contacts from my mail2web account and transfering them to my getztek account. i also need to figure out how to remove the mail2web exchange information from my 8525 and inserting the getztek exchange information.

sorry if there are obvious answers to this. i really have searched the forum and google and stuff for possible remedies and usually i can come up with something. but at this point i seem to be stuck.

anyone else out there who left mail2web have any pointers for me?!

thanks. ~jimi

if your using the free or $1.99 mail2web account your pretty much beat. They dont offer export to .pst file service on those aco****s. Setting up your phone for a new exchange server is simple. Just delete the server your on now via activesync(on phone if ud like) and add the new one.
14th May 2007, 05:19 PM   |  #85  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofx81

if your using the free or $1.99 mail2web account your pretty much beat. They dont offer export to .pst file service on those aco****s. Setting up your phone for a new exchange server is simple. Just delete the server your on now via activesync(on phone if ud like) and add the new one.

it wasn't letting me delete the server stuff on it before. guess i probably just need to uncheck all the boxes that have it syncing with my server before i try to remove the settings.

and i guess what i'll do is just sign up for the more expensive mail2web deal under a free trial and export all my stuff and then cancel. guess that's probably the best option.

thanks for your help.
14th May 2007, 06:44 PM   |  #86  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 55

810 posts
Donate to Me
@JimiMoore - I don't know if this would actually work, but you could try syncing your 8525's calendar, contacts, etc to a local Outlook installation by switching them from Exchange to local in ActiveSync on your PC when it's connected. If that works, then you're set - you can just save that stuff as PST and import it into your new Exchange account.
16th May 2007, 06:39 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 4

200 posts
Hey, maybe I'm missing something here, but my "email address" is locked.
In other words, I want to send out emails as if originating from my GMAIL account.

I remember "Advanced E-Mail Options" I could specify "My E-Mail Addresses" with mail2web (however mail2web would block it from actually working). With this, it is not even editable.

So, am I forgetting something? :P
16th May 2007, 07:23 PM   |  #88  
Flag Globetrotting

203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkizmo

In other words, I want to send out emails as if originating from my GMAIL account.

I remember "Advanced E-Mail Options" I could specify "My E-Mail Addresses" with mail2web (however mail2web would block it from actually working). With this, it is not even editable.

You need to PM DeniaL to set up an e-mail alias.
16th May 2007, 08:23 PM   |  #89  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodland Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkizmo

You do not need to change it in outlook. If you asked for an alias during setup, I would have set it up and there is NO configuration needed. It will work with your phone and outlook automatically. If you didn't ask for the alias, then PM me with your account and what alias you want and I'll set that up for you.
16th May 2007, 10:56 PM   |  #90  

12 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks!
Denial, thanks for taking care of me so fast on Sunday. I was up and running in no time. It's nice being able to deal with someone who knows what he's doing, unlike the tech support at some of the other companies.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread