[Updated 23 Mar 08] Call Firewall + SMS Blocker 1.4 - SmartPhone + MotoQ Versions
I am Shailesh Ashar and this is my 2nd app. ( 1st being Group SMS details of which can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=306682
). OK guyz , this is a big one (atleast for me).
Whats the App:
CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls.
Features & Options:
a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory
b. Accept call
from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected
c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory
d. White List - accepts calls only from the white listed nos
e. Black List - accepts all call
except from the black listed nos
f. Black List Pattern - any no STARTING from the black list pattern list is rejected.
for eg. if you enter "123", so all nos STARTING from "123" will be rejected
this is a very nice option with which you can block nos from any particular network, country, city , area or whatever you can think of.
Finally there is also an option to reply with an SMS.
1. To Delete Blacklist/Whitelist Nos TAP & HOLD the stylus for a few seconds to get the options.
2. Autostart - Create a shortcut to Callfirewall.exe with 'startup' as parameter (without the '') and copy to windows/startup/
3. Please uninstall previous versions before installing ver 1.3
4. Also Delete Callfirewall.xml from the Root folder. Previous versions Callfirewall.xml will not work with ver 1.3.
5. The XML file for 1.3 and 1.4 are compatible.
KNOWN ISSUES :
1. One Ring Delay in Rejecting Calls.
2. Ongoing call -> Blocked Caller Calls -> Existing Call is Hung Up.
3. Problems with some Radio ROMS where the caller identdification is delayed by Windows by a couple of seconds.
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ME COMPLAINING ABOUT THE KNOWN ISSUES.
1. Selective Call
Now you can restrict selected outgoing calls.
2. Add outgoing calls as Appointments.
1. Added SMS Black List
You can add numbers as well as names.
eg. you put 'abc' as name, then all smses starting , ending and containing 'abc' as contact name will be blocked. The same works for numbers as well so beware.
2. Added Silent Startup - Create a shortcut to Callfirewall.exe with 'startup' as parameter and copy to windows/startup/.
3. 'Add as Appointment' Timings can now be adjusted by minutes ( + or - ).
4. Appointment is now saved in format: "Call
from : Mr.X NUMBER Accepted/Rejected", Category : Call
Firewall, Reminder Alarm is not set.
1. Added option to reject unknown / private / withheld nos
2. Option to Add Accepted calls as calendar appointment
3. Option to Add Rejected calls as calendar appointment
4. Toggle Option to show 'CallFirewall' in 'running programs' / Task Managers
5. Save User Settings so that it remains intact upon restart.
6. Completely revamped UI to accomodate new options.
Also added an option when selected, will ask you whether to send an SMS when a call
SmartPhone Version 1.2
I have ported the PPC version to SmartPhone as is. So essentially all the cons as well as issues with ppc have also been carried fwd.
I'll be working on all the issues and will also be incorporating some of the new features and suggestions listed by you all. So please keep the feedbacks coming. Also, I am doing this in my free time so pls be patient with the updates.
From now on Both PPC & SmartPhone versions will be updated hand in hand.
Please give your valuable feedback / Comments / Suggestions
I have taken a lots of info from this forum so its a kind of payback !!!
WM5 / WM6 ( does not work on WM2003 / 2002 )
.NET Compact framework 2
download here :
Use it at your own risk
1. CallFirewall has to be running in the background to work, so if u are using apps like HTC X button, etc be sure that CallFirewall is running.
2. Please uninstall previous version before installing new version.
If you like my software and wish to express your thanks, then PLEASE
To Download go to http://www.logic-unlimited.in/callfirewall.php
Please use a download manager as there is some problem with the server.
Feel free to link to the download page but please do not link directly to the cab files. I want some traffic on my website.