Ask a question

No registration required

fix: gmail - javamidlet

OP mmx

18th May 2007, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Ever since the new custel, lsvw, black 3.0 and etc... I can't get gmail to work well on any of them. I installed the new midlet fix and still nothing - anyone fixed the problem?
18th May 2007, 07:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Calgary, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 8

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do those use the Java applet?

If so and it's the same one as Custel 2.5 (not sure about the other ROMs):

1. Attempt to download the gmail applet from the Get Faster gmail link from http://gmail.google.com
2. After waiting for the Midlet Manager to complete, exit both the browser and Midlet Manager.
3. Open the Java applet and select the option on the Menu to Install from a local source (which should be there after it fails to download successfully from the google site; a .jad file sitting in My Documents).

I have the file on my phone. If you need it, please advise. Hopefully, this helps.
18th May 2007, 02:05 PM   |  #3  

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyut

Do those use the Java applet?

If so and it's the same one as Custel 2.5 (not sure about the other ROMs):

1. Attempt to download the gmail applet from the Get Faster gmail link from http://gmail.google.com
2. After waiting for the Midlet Manager to complete, exit both the browser and Midlet Manager.
3. Open the Java applet and select the option on the Menu to Install from a local source (which should be there after it fails to download successfully from the google site; a .jad file sitting in My Documents).

I have the file on my phone. If you need it, please advise. Hopefully, this helps.

Could you please post the .jad file. Whenever i goto the site for the faster gmail it detects my phone as LG CU500 for some weird reason. And the one it downloads, the login button wont work.
Thanks in advance for your help.
18th May 2007, 03:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

474 posts
More
^^^ You can easily tell it that you are not that phone and will give you the option to download the 'general' J2ME version.

I know you can do that because sometimes I change my phone to be seen as a PC and I get an error close to what you are getting.

Worse case scenario, you can find and download the app to you PC then transfer to your phone. It will take you only a few minutes.

Please try again. If not there are other sites that have the java app. No disrespect but don't act as a lazy noob.
18th May 2007, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Calgary, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 8

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
It sees my Softbank X01HT as a Dopod 730 (something close to this). I have attached the file; hopefully, this is what you are looking for.

Rename the file to gm-Generic-Advanced-MIDP2.jad (in other words, delete the .zip extension; it is NOT a zip file).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thap143

Could you please post the .jad file. Whenever i goto the site for the faster gmail it detects my phone as LG CU500 for some weird reason. And the one it downloads, the login button wont work.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files
File Type: zip gm-Generic-Advanced_MIDP2.jad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (659 Bytes, 196 views)
Last edited by crazyut; 18th May 2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Add valid attachment (rename .jad to .jad.zip)
19th May 2007, 02:15 AM   |  #6  

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyut

It sees my Softbank X01HT as a Dopod 730 (something close to this). I have attached the file; hopefully, this is what you are looking for.

Rename the file to gm-Generic-Advanced-MIDP2.jad (in other words, delete the .zip extension; it is NOT a zip file).

Thanks a lot crazyut got it working now... Appreciate your help...
19th May 2007, 06:47 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

771 posts
More
Why midlet?
Isn't it more convenient to have gmail connect with the standard inbox rather than a java midlet? That way you can set it to check your mail in your specified time frame? I've had it working with all roms i've tried this far, (dutty, lsvw, black, and custel)
19th May 2007, 04:05 PM   |  #8  

62 posts
More
wow.. the midlet works fine - better than the version detected as LG when we download from gmail directly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread