Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Guys rejoice.especially T Mob MDA III

OP hdubli

30th May 2007, 08:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

1,134 posts
All PPC users especially T MOB MDA III..no need to do an expensive CID unlock.Here is the way to flash the wm6 ROM.I wud recommend reading it very carefully.

1) You all will be surprised but you need to get Wizard's Shell tool, which is being used to flash a G4 Wizard.

2) Get hold of the .nb file and rename it to 80040000-OS.nb and keep it in a seperate folder(Not in that shell tool folder)

3) Now Active Sync yr artemis.

4) Take any nk.nbf of that Wizard and place it in the Shell tool folder and execute the shell.exe

5)Let the shell tool get the ROM info,Extract OS and give the message "Done".Wait here, do not press OK in the shell tool window.

6) Now minimise the shell tool window, delete the 8004000-OS.nb file from the shell tool folder and copy here the earlier renamed wm6(80040000-OS.nb) to the shell tool folder and now press the OK button, which will start flashing nad show this info in the shell tool window.

7) Contrary to the Wizard flashing, this shell tool will not inform you that flashing has ended, so u have to keep the process ON for 50 mins (for a safe side)

8) Disconnect and do a Hard Boot and YES u hv got it..

As a safe practice keep the T Mob initial ROM ready..in case u miss, you can reflash the ROM and redo the things as mentioned.

I can tell u that, It tool me 3 attempts to get the WM6, but I hope with above steps, you can get in one go.

It is too late so attaching a few screen shots to build in the confidence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_004.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	40383   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_005.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	40384  
31st May 2007, 12:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
im using the nbf file from the TMOBILE UK Mda Vario upgrade, it won't work for me, and the file is named 8004000-OS_0.nb
31st May 2007, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,134 posts
it has to renamed as 80040000-OS.nb
31st May 2007, 09:48 AM   |  #4  
Retired Moderator
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 0

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubli

All PPC users especially T MOB MDA III..no need to do an expensive CID unlock.Here is the way to flash the wm6 ROM.I wud recommend reading it very carefully.

1) You all will be surprised but you need to get Wizard's Shell tool, which is being used to flash a G4 Wizard.

2) Get hold of the .nb file and rename it to 80040000-OS.nb and keep it in a seperate folder(Not in that shell tool folder)

3) Now Active Sync yr artemis.

4) Take any nk.nbf of that Wizard and place it in the Shell tool folder and execute the shell.exe

5)Let the shell tool get the ROM info,Extract OS and give the message "Done".Wait here, do not press OK in the shell tool window.

6) Now minimise the shell tool window, delete the 8004000-OS.nb file from the shell tool folder and copy here the earlier renamed wm6(80040000-OS.nb) to the shell tool folder and now press the OK button, which will start flashing nad show this info in the shell tool window.

7) Contrary to the Wizard flashing, this shell tool will not inform you that flashing has ended, so u have to keep the process ON for 50 mins (for a safe side)

8) Disconnect and do a Hard Boot and YES u hv got it..

As a safe practice keep the T Mob initial ROM ready..in case u miss, you can reflash the ROM and redo the things as mentioned.

I can tell u that, It tool me 3 attempts to get the WM6, but I hope with above steps, you can get in one go.

It is too late so attaching a few screen shots to build in the confidence

Hi hdubli,

The problem is not that it is not possible, but it is extremely riscy! If the flashing fails you &@#* up the OS part of your phone, when you reboot your phone it will get stuck in the bootloader or at the splash screen, in that case you MUST have the original ROM! In the original language, there is a UK ROM so no problem for UK users, but there isn't a ROM for for example Dutch users so BIG problem for them if flashing fails!

Please all be carefull!!
3rd June 2007, 06:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag China/Vietnam--But Japanese
Thanks Meter: 3

691 posts
More
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...l_bugfixed.rar

is this a correct link to DL shell tool?
3rd June 2007, 07:06 AM   |  #6  
Flag China/Vietnam--But Japanese
Thanks Meter: 3

691 posts
More
hi, now tested, it worked and shell tool can showed us
"Finished Flashing" after done, it is cool!

thanks!

@No need to go into Bootloader
4th June 2007, 05:30 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,134 posts
Thanks Asukal
30th October 2007, 02:38 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
shelltool_bugfixed.rar error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal

hi, now tested, it worked and shell tool can showed us
"Finished Flashing" after done, it is cool!

thanks!

@No need to go into Bootloader

hi asukal: i had download the file (shelltool_bugfixed.rar) and each time i try to open it, i get this error: "no valid device number (error 3). i have winrar 3.7 on my computer... any idea what´s going on?.. thanks

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread