I have used the same method for the italian version but you must translate also some parts of .hv files and .rgu or you must pay more attention during the translation of initflashfiles.dat because not all links and directories can be translated without .hv and .rgu editing.
My suggestion? Edit only initflashfiles.dat
Some add for your excellent tutorial:
For step 1b)
to extract files from the emulation rom follow this direction:
- Download Tadzio's imgfs excelent tools in: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298327
- Unzip the tools along with the image in any folder.
- Rename the image to A.BIN (to make the next commands easier to type).
- Open a D.O.S. command window and perform these commands:
> NBSPLIT -emu A.BIN
(it generates two files: A.BIN.EXTRA and A.BIN.PAYLOAD)
> IMGFSFROMNB A.BIN.PAYLOAD IMGFS.BIN
(it generates the file IMGFS.BIN)
> IMGFSTODUMP IMGFS.BIN
And that's all. Files are dumped in /Dump directory
For step 1c)
during the translation of italian rom for the mui files that resides in directory I edited also a file (simply with Supered) that has a line that pointed to the 0410 files (ea. italian) and changed this to 409.
For step 9) / 10)
about keyboard, you must add with a oem package also:
- dictionary in your language
- settings for your language
- t9 dictionary for your language
- for keyboard layout make this registry mod:
HKCU >> ControlPanel >> Keybd
Create a string "Locale" with "0410" vale. Everything without "
Where 0410 is your country value.
Next days I'll try to release an