Google Play Services 7.5.62 and FC's

Search This thread

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Installed this morning Google Play Services 7.5.62 and every few minutes, during normal use, it FC'c with message "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped".

I have COS12 not rooted.
I was on Google Play Services 7.3.x and never had a problem.

Anyone else?

kcodya

Jun 11, 2008
Have this problem too. Tried clearing data from the app, then clearing cache and dalvik. It resolves the issue for a few minutes, but then the FCs return. The only way to stop it is to turn location to "device only".

Scottyedmonds

Aug 12, 2011
Halifax
sexyscotty.com
Try clearing app's cache and then wipe cache also from recovery: no FC's for me after that

Tried wiping Cache yesterday, no luck.. Earlier today I re-flashed cm-12.0-YNG1TAS17L-bacon-signed.zip - still getting the same issue. Damn I may be forced to root afterall lol

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Have this problem too. Tried clearing data from the app, then clearing cache and dalvik. It resolves the issue for a few minutes, but then the FCs return. The only way to stop it is to turn location to "device only".

Confirmed - No more annoying popup! Thanks for the heads up! I'm about to go away for the weekend and I just need it to work.. I'll deal with it when I get back sunday.

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
I am on 7.5.71 at the moment and I kerp on getting very often the msg that it has stopped working.

It seems that the cuplrit is privacy guard: if I enable wake up e keep awake then all is OK, but if I deny the error comes back.

Someone suggested to put location to device only, so maybe it' a combination on causes.

We are discussing this in the official opo forum and many support this.

Reactions: Camar10

Camar10

Jul 6, 2012
Maastricht
I am on 7.5.71 too and I found out this:
- if I disable wake up, keep awake and automatic start (in privacy settings) I always get the fc problem, but if I go on gps settings and choose "device only" then the are no more fc's
- with default settings in privacy guard (all enabled) and with high precision in gps settings, I'm not getting fc's

Last edited:
Reactions: TerrorApple

TerrorApple

Aug 26, 2012
Same problem here. So what then drains less battery? GPS location oder Google Play Services not being limited?

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
At the moment I have all enabled in privacy guard (so nothing is blicked)/and localization set to maximum, no FC's and overnight in 7 houd lost only 3%

Reactions: TerrorApple

id74em8

Oct 21, 2013
This is weird.
I'm on CM12S, YU Yureka and play services 7.5.71 and even I face the exact same problems

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Who here has Amplify?
The problem has gone away once I've undelayed the UrlDispatching Wakelock.

Thank you! I have a droid maxx, but I had the same problem it seems. I suspected it was something with amplify, but I thought it was more likely to be the location alarm/service. would never have figured this out. I tested this by turning the urldispatching wakelock from default to delayed by just 240 seconds. when delayed, the GP services where FCing every few seconds while running gps navigation. remove the delay and the FCing immediately goes away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who here has Amplify?
    The problem has gone away once I've undelayed the UrlDispatching Wakelock.
    You guys applied any wakelock fixes to Google Play Services in Privacy Guard? See if it still crashes if you revert the changes
    Just started constantly yesterday.. I've upgraded to latest 7.5.66 (1939950-438) I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Try clearing app's cache and then wipe cache also from recovery: no FC's for me after that
    I am on 7.5.71 at the moment and I kerp on getting very often the msg that it has stopped working.

It seems that the cuplrit is privacy guard: if I enable wake up e keep awake then all is OK, but if I deny the error comes back.

Someone suggested to put location to device only, so maybe it' a combination on causes.

We are discussing this in the official opo forum and many support this.
    I am on 7.5.71 too and I found out this:
    - if I disable wake up, keep awake and automatic start (in privacy settings) I always get the fc problem, but if I go on gps settings and choose "device only" then the are no more fc's
    - with default settings in privacy guard (all enabled) and with high precision in gps settings, I'm not getting fc's