Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Athena Project

Tip us?

apphoen
Old
(Last edited by apphoen; 16th June 2007 at 01:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default The Athena Project

As some of you have been following in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311433

The Athena Project is designed to fund and deliver an Athena to a developer (or developers) in order to work on:

Sim Unlock
CID Unlock
Cooked ROM

etc. etc. etc. for the good and benefit of the Athena owners in this forum.

However, We can't do this without support.

The first thing we need are donations. There is now a Paypal account specifically set up for these donation, the address is:

sales@aardfark.co.uk (No longer AthenaPayments@aardfark.co.uk) - More details in my last update here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...311651&page=10

There is also a mailing list to enable developers to communicate with donators on progress. Anyone who donates will be automatically added to this list and should get prior warning of any developments before they are posted here.

A daily total of funds raised will be posted in this thread with the username of the donator (make sure you add it in the text of your Paypal payment).

Now, let's get some momentum going on this.

-------------------------

16 Jun 07 - 1330GMT - e790.91
16 Jun 07 - 1340GMT - e00.00 (Account Closed) - Funds transferred to bank to pay for 2 Ameos!

As we are now also over at www.athenaproject.net I will not be updating the list of donors - I will however, still be adding all of the donors to the internal mailing list for first news of any breakthroughs or major developments.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing in whatever way to make this happen!
Casio Cassiopea E-500>HP Jornada>Dell Axim X5>O2 XDA>O2 XDA II>T-Mobile MDA Compact>T-Mobile Vario>T-Mobile Ameo>HTC Touch

apphoen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
First payment of euro 5.00 from Confuscious is in!

Paypal charge 3.4% and 0.35euro on every credit card debit card payment so please bear this in mind when donating.

Thanks!

I've just put e20 in there too...
Casio Cassiopea E-500>HP Jornada>Dell Axim X5>O2 XDA>O2 XDA II>T-Mobile MDA Compact>T-Mobile Vario>T-Mobile Ameo>HTC Touch

mackaby007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by apphoen View Post
First payment of euro 5.00 from Confuscious is in!

Paypal charge 3.4% and 0.35euro on every credit card debit card payment so please bear this in mind when donating.

Thanks!

I've just put e20 in there too...
I ready, but don't understand how to donate with Debit card to the e-mail address.?!?
Owned PPC Devices: XDAIIi, XDA mini, JasJar, Prophet, Wizard, Hermes, Athena, Touch, HTC Kaiser, current device I-mate Ultimate 6150...scratch that...it's now an
iPhone 3G unlocked to T-Mobile via Universal Sim unlocker V 5.8 and Jailbroken...Running FW v2.1. My iPhone sends and receives MMS's and records video without issue....what's the big fuss?

apphoen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackaby007 View Post
I ready, but don't understand how to donate with Debit card to the e-mail address.?!?
I'm working on a payment link which should be quite easy to do (I had to upgrade the account to a Premier account about 5 mins ago..).

Give me 10 mins and it should be squared away.

mackaby007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I'm working on a payment link which should be quite easy to do (I had to upgrade the account to a Premier account about 5 mins ago..).

Give me 10 mins and it should be squared away.
Thanks mate. I'll be waiting.
Owned PPC Devices: XDAIIi, XDA mini, JasJar, Prophet, Wizard, Hermes, Athena, Touch, HTC Kaiser, current device I-mate Ultimate 6150...scratch that...it's now an
iPhone 3G unlocked to T-Mobile via Universal Sim unlocker V 5.8 and Jailbroken...Running FW v2.1. My iPhone sends and receives MMS's and records video without issue....what's the big fuss?

apphoen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, I'm stumped - it looks like you have to sign up for Paypal to pay by credit card.

If anyone knows any better please info me so we can sort this out.

mackaby007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Nope, I'm stumped - it looks like you have to sign up for Paypal to pay by credit card.

If anyone knows any better please info me so we can sort this out.
Thanks for trying. I've opened up a paypal account but have to wait 3-5 days for account verification. Why can't I just transfer some funds over to it directly?!!!!!!!

Well done for your efforts apphoen. The balls running now.

apphoen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackaby007 View Post
Thanks for trying. I've opened up a paypal account but have to wait 3-5 days for account verification. Why can't I just transfer some funds over to it directly?!!!!!!!

Well done for your efforts apphoen. The balls running now.
No probs - signing off for now - bis bald!

mackaby007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No probs - signing off for now - bis bald!
Ja bis bald.

Midget_1990
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 12
create a business account and put non-profit organisation

in other news i need a tester for the next few hours, anyone wanna? - pm me