Mate 7 Update to LOLLIPOP (SCREENSHOTS)

Search This thread

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Hello my friends,

As you may know our dear Mate 7 WILL RECEIVE the update to lollipop soon, I´m on the list of Huawei´s beta testing group. I will provide info and screenshots as I can.

I can not, and will not provide any download until Huawei considers the update stable.

Here goes a little taste of sweet Lollipop.

https://youtu.be/ApyuMd-d5m8

huaweimate7_lollipop.jpg

Please provide any bug report, with maximum info possible to Huawei Team on : beta0039@mail01.huawei.com

Last edited:

vonotny

Feb 19, 2013
Hello my friends,

As you may know our dear Mate 7 WILL RECEIVE the update to lollipop soon, I´m on the list of Huawei´s beta testing group. I will provide info and screenshots as I can.

I can not, and will not proveode any download until Huawei considers the update stable.

5.1? Now that's a sweet surprise!

EDIT: Let us know, if possible, how rooting works out and whether Xposed is working.

Reactions: KxantKo

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
5.1? Now that's a sweet surprise!

EDIT: Let us know, if possible, how rooting works out and whether Xposed is working.

Yes 5.1 It´s confirmed :) I was surprised too. Huawei told me, that´s why it took longer than to other brands, because they wanted to release the 5.1 instead of plain 5.0.

Right now I´m beta testing for them, so I will not aplly root or xposed modules, so I can provide them proper feedback.

But in the future, Of course :)

kcs82

Jan 19, 2011
Can you confirm, whether the MT7-L09 version is also receiving an upgrade? Just asking because the original roadmap did not mention this one...

thanks!

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
This Update will include a very usefull Multi Window mode, even though there aren´t for now many supported apps, check it out below:

uc

Skeese

May 8, 2007
This Update will include a very usefull Multi Window mode, even though there aren´t for now many supported apps, check it out below:

Is your Mate 7 the european model? If so, what was the firmware your phone came with? B120 or B125?

Will there be an update to Lollipop for all versions of the Mate 7??

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Is your Mate 7 the european model? If so, what was the firmware your phone came with? B120 or B125?

Will there be an update to Lollipop for all versions of the Mate 7??

MyMate is the MT L09 the European model (even though the first print shows MT L10).

Both models will get the update, for sure!

Today I tested screen time, I left it wit 100% battery running youtube videos with screen in max brightness for 5 hours, after that it had still 28% battery left. pretty good right?

I will continue testing it, and will provide screenshots, benchmarks and all that I can.

Reactions: elroy944

xlr8me

Apr 19, 2010
This is great news especially the 5.1 version and not 5 lollipop.
Thnx 4 the update and quick q is it smoother faster than kitkat?

saleh1991

Apr 2, 2013
I hope you capitalizing because I was reluctant to leave the device. I Mjbk update 5 and discoloration as especially the top bar color. Do the same program rehearse Twitter. And other programs

E.L.E.C.T.R.O.N.I.C

Nov 13, 2012
MyMate is the MT L09 the European model (even though the first print shows MT L10).

Both models will get the update, for sure!

Today I tested screen time, I left it wit 100% battery running youtube videos with screen in max brightness for 5 hours, after that it had still 28% battery left. pretty good right?

I will continue testing it, and will provide screenshots, benchmarks and all that I can.

Excuse me, you mean, you are testing android 5.1 on L09 now?
I wonder to know that the update will come for both versions at the same time?

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Excuse me, you mean, you are testing android 5.1 on L09 now?
I wonder to know that the update will come for both versions at the same time?

The info I have is that both versions will receive update at the same time in Europe.
I think there is nothing new on the one hand mode.

check out the print below, and let me know what you guys would like to see next.

I am testing 5.1 on MTL09

uc

uc

uc

view

uc

Last edited:

morpheoussc400

Dec 19, 2007
Are they still looking for beta testers ? If so where do I sign up?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Running smooth without full wipe? Or did the beta update wipe everything?

The update doesn´t wipe anything, but they recommended to make a full wipe before using it, I did.

It´s not an open Beta testing program, I own an Android WebSite (androidgeek.pt) so they trust some media to test the OS. Sorry it´s not an open program.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my friends,

I can not, and will not provide any download until Huawei considers the update stable.

https://youtu.be/ApyuMd-d5m8

huaweimate7_lollipop.jpg

Please provide any bug report, with maximum info possible to Huawei Team on : beta0039@mail01.huawei.com
    I just wanted to chime in on all the *****in about not getting an Update:
    I'm part of the Android community for many, many years (starting with a htc desire (The original one...)) and if there is one thing consistent across al Manufacturers and Devices, it's people on XDA Complaining about not getting a specific Android Version at a specific Date.
    If learned a few things over the past years:
    1. If you want frequent Updates, choose Nexus or Apple. No other Manufacturer Can Satisfy our craving for Updates. I've had HTC, Samsung, LG and now Huawei.
    2. There is a reason Updates take so long:
    - First Google has to release the Updates to Manufacturers (Thats close to release, so that Android is close to finished)
    - Manufacturers have to Port their Custom UI to the new Android Version (This takes the most time, especially since we switched to ART on the newer Android Versions). It's basically a complete rewrite of their whole Software. By the Time this gets done and Alpha, Beta and what not tests, Nexus Devices are already Updated
    - In many cases new drivers have to be written. Google is making Android mainly for their Nexus Devices. So in Case of the MT7, there have to be drivers for at least 2 or 3 different Versions of the phone. All these have to be tested as well.
    3. Never rush Manufacturers, it just leads to messy Software getting released.
    4. In case of Android: Newer is not always better. The amount of complaints i've read about FC's, Battery draining, Slowness and what not is killing me. If you need a stable, daily driver with proper Performance, nothing beets 4.4.

Really, i would like fresh Software as well, but i'd rather wait for a properly tested finished Product. As is EMUI is one of the best Manufacturers Frontends and i'm really happy to have left Samsung with TW... If you feel better, change your build.prop to Display what ever Version Number you want ;)

One point where i'm with you is with release Dates getting pushed back. I can't stand Manufacturers putting out Dates before they know that they can make it. I think they all should take lesson from No man's sky. Never ever publish a set date before you are absolutely 100% sure you can make it.
    TL10. Rooting not possible now.
    Tried different recovery but all resulted in recovery mode not accessible. Had to flash again the lollipop extracted recovery.
    Tried KingRoot, arrived at 18%, rebooted, no root applied.

Its quite disappoinging to have to wait to restore all my apps... i will install just the main ones while waiting for a functional lollipop cwm...

(OTA for the Mate 7 Gold is uploading to my onedrive.... slowly...seems my internet provider decided i have to upload at 25kbs....)
    MT7-TL10V100R001C900B308 - European Update 13 June
    DOWNLOAD