Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dell Axim X50v WM5 A03 AKU 3.5.2 English ROM

Tip us?

MagLite_RUS
Old
(Last edited by MagLite_RUS; 20th July 2007 at 01:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dell Axim X50v WM5 A03 AKU 3.5.2 English ROM

Sorry for my bad English

Great thanks to misar, Football, mun_rus and another my friends who helped me! And thanks to mamaich and bepe for their beautiful ROM editing TOOLS!

Dell Axim X50v A03 WM5 AKU 3.5.2 English ROM

Screenshots:

Language:
English
Version of ROM:
A03 (21.06.07)
Version of Windows Mobile:
OS 5.1.478 (Build 15706.3.5.2)
Page Pool:
12MB
Themes, icons, sounds:
Style "Windows Mobile 6 (Crossbow)"

Deleted from ROM:
1) Transcriber (Download Transcriber CAB)
2) MSN Messenger

Added to ROM:
1) .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2

Bugs:
1) Battery indicator incorrectly shows a condition of the battery. It is replaced with clock.

Please, if you found bug, write bug report in this topic! It will help to improve this ROM in the future.

Attention! If you have Windows Mobile 2003SE ROM on your device, FIRST, please download THIS ARCHIVE (RAR 32.4 MB), and update your PDA to A01 Windows Mobile 5 ROM.

Flashing:

Download Dell Axim X50v A03 WM5 AKU 3.5.2 English ROM (RAR 27.6 MB)

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.
2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset
3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.
4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.
5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Thats all!

Original thread of this ROM (in Russian)

wuzy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Any significant slowdown when filesys/compacting thread kicks in?
I assume if the sector size has been tweaked to 512byte instead of the default 4Kbyte, that should solve that issue.

kozhura
Old
Thanks Meter 1
MagLite-ПОЗДРАВЛЯЮ!!!

Lemark
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does this work on x51v?
Microsoft Surface 32GB
Lumia 920 black

Lemark
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Maybe Football is working on a x51v version.
Microsoft Surface 32GB
Lumia 920 black

Xdenwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Congratulations!!!

But before I say "Wow", i would really prefer to know some things about this ROM.
1) I should of asked this footall earlier, but how come all of you guys (football, hachera, maglite) get rid of a vary valuable program transcriber on a PDA, and MSN (i don`t care too much about it since i will install WLM 10.6 instead). What`s with that?
2) So is it true that some of the bugs that football is still experiencing with his A17 Rom, like the CF card still doesn't work, are fixed, which makes it i guess this Rom somewhat more stable than Football's?
3) Most importantly, how this A03 ROM compete with Dell's A02 ROM regarding stability, speed, bugs, and of course that evil compaction thread?
4) Maglite, is your ROM as fast as Football`s?
5) How much free RAM memory left, and ROM at the start? (You forgot to mention that) Cause with Dell's i only had 26 MB of Ram, and with Ramdisk (4MB) obviously only 22MB.
6) Any software incompatibility issues? Would Dell GPS Navigation system still run on my Dell Axim x50v?
7) I`m not looking for an exact day, but how often do you think you will release a new updated Rom that will fix the bugs. ( i don't think it is a good thing for me to flash my Dell Axim every a couple of days just to be up to date). Would you be releasing patchs as well in order to fix bugs?

Once again thank you for all your efforts, Maglite, and i will probably update my device to your new Rom this weekends.

MagLite_RUS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Xdenwarrior,
1) I do that because in Russia we didn't use this programs and i think if you want to use it, you can install it.
2) In this ROM, CF-Card works perfectly, and all another things in my and in Football's are same, because my ROM basis on A18 (test ROM).
3) In this ROM I used all OEM programs from A02 but SYS part of ROM too different from A02, and if I resolve all bugs from A02.
4) I don't really know, my ROM based on Football's rom and I think his ROM will little faster because x51v optimized for wm5.
5) With Page Pool Size = 12 MB I have ~27-28 MB free RAM after Soft Reset (on clean Device). If you need more free RAM space you should change size of Page Pool into 8 MB and have ~31-32 MB free RAM.
6) I tested many programs and i don't find program incompatibility issues. Flash ROM and test it!
7) If I can resolve bug by patch I realise patch.

jowilk
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Default what are the benefits?

hi maglite, great work with the rom. i would like to know what the pros and cons are, if i wanted to update? thanks

Xdenwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Any Compaction Thread Issues?

Thanks for the response, maglite. Just didn't get one thing - Is the compaction thread (caused by filesys.exe) is still a problem in your ROM? Does it still slowdown Dell Axim? (this question was posted right in the beginning of the post by "wuzy")
Also when Football confirmed that you guys going to keep all of the ROMs clean from any 3rd party software, would you still plan to replace the old WM5 office with Office 2007 Mobile, and Terminal Services Client with Remote Desktop Mobile just to keep up to date?
So what are your plans, maglite, for the future releases?

Lemark
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagLite_RUS View Post
Xdenwarrior,

4) I don't really know, my ROM based on Football's rom and I think his ROM will little faster because x51v optimized for wm5.
This means that I better wait for Football's x51v ROM.
Microsoft Surface 32GB
Lumia 920 black