[NO MORE IN DEV 07/31/200] ContactManager 0.11 - Another try for "finger friendly"...
ContactManager is no more developped, please use the new native version. You can get more information here
What it does:
- "classic" finger scrolling
- tapping the contact make appear a screen with contact info (photo, name, phone, sms and mail). Selecting one option launch the default compose dialog or make the call. You can also change the contact picture from the detail directly.
- display contact photo if present (in the list and the contact detail).
- if you press you finger on the left or right border of the screen it will allow you to select the letter you're searching for, release the finger, it will show you the contact starting with this letter. For me that's the way to go in touch interface: release should trigger the event, push should only provide visual feedback, I'd like a visual kb like this.
- the contact detail is not the standard one, you can show only the information you want (and it's animated
- the list is animated (scrolling) and the transition between list and detail also.
There is an .ini file that you can create in the directory where the program reside. It contains color, font and image settings. See the setting.ini provided in the zip file.
To install, copy the unzipped file to your ppc and run it. Should be enough. Tested on WM6 only, apparently it also run on WM5. Sorry for 2003 owner, as I don't have such device, I'm unable to test.
Please inform me, before publishing this app on any other website... (a mail to qpouplard // gmail.com will be enough). I'm not against it at all, but I'd like to know it.
What's new? (0.11)
- Localization support
- Bug fixes
- Updated default theme
- Setting to adjust image position
- Multiline information are supported
- Memory optimization
How to use localization??
Copy "lang.fr.ini", adapt the file to your need, change "fr" to your PDA country ISO name. (fr for France, sp for Spain, de for Germany, etc...).
I'll provide localization soon.
What's new? (0.10)
- Gesture: you can slide you finger from right to left or right to left, it will go act like the lower left softkey.
- Bug fixes: app crashing while deleting contact
- New virtual contact: at the end of the list you have a new contact, tap on it to create a new
- New default theme inspired from the Touch
- New settings to adjust contact detail information
To download version 0.11 please go to the brand new ContactManager website: http://www.pocketcm.com
Please always link to my website, do not provide binary yourself. I'm clearly trying to bring some traffic to my website... so I can continue to develop for free.
You like this application?
I've put some time developping this application, it also take me lot of time to take all your valuable comments into account. I'm doing mostly for technical challenge and fun, but ... any donation is appreciated (even the small one)
(and will motivate me to continue the development as a freeware), please use this link
Feature to come:
- Native version (who read this?
- Sync with MyOE contact (http://myoedev.blogspot.com
- (maybe) compose sms from the application, mainly to allow me to test with SIP method using C# and not C++.
- Setup/packaging integration on the Touch (cube, dialer, etc...).
Download ContactManager 0.11