Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HappyTappingKeyboard Skins

OP gogol

3rd July 2007, 11:47 AM   |  #1  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
3,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
Here I made a new skin for HappyTappingKeyboard.

It is only for QVGA Portrait mode.

I dont create the Landscape mode because soon I will buy a new pda with sliding keyboard (Hi HTC Kaiser, where are you?).

However, I included the .psd (PhotoShop) just in case there is volunteer to port it to Landscape mode.

This new skin has bigger button (visually) and more tidy.

Feedbacks are welcome

Note: You are not allowed to use this skin if you are howardforums.com moderators. Please delete this skin from your PPC. More question? Ask Trevor1189 or Big Calhoun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gogol_QVGA_P_sshot.jpg
Views:	2269
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	42841  
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTKbd_gogol_QVGA_P.zip - [Click for QR Code] (364.7 KB, 2279 views)
Last edited by gogol; 29th July 2007 at 08:39 AM.
3rd July 2007, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2004
More
looks great......thanks
4th July 2007, 08:40 PM   |  #3  
delude's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Cool, would be great if it could be bigger. (Fill up more of the screen)
4th July 2007, 09:39 PM   |  #4  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
3,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
Delude, the skin must be precisely matched with the original skin dimension. So, no, it is not possible to enlarge the keyboard size without changing the source code.

If you meant to enlarge the button size, well, I tried to maximize it as big as possible. As you can see in my skin, it has 2 pixels distance between buttons.

I can make it to 1 pixel, but it will not look nice ... too densed and cant see the drop shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by delude

Cool, would be great if it could be bigger. (Fill up more of the screen)

5th July 2007, 03:06 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
How do u use the skin
5th July 2007, 08:25 AM   |  #6  
delude's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Delude, the skin must be precisely matched with the original skin dimension. So, no, it is not possible to enlarge the keyboard size without changing the source code.

If you meant to enlarge the button size, well, I tried to maximize it as big as possible. As you can see in my skin, it has 2 pixels distance between buttons.

I can make it to 1 pixel, but it will not look nice ... too densed and cant see the drop shadow

Your keyboard looks great, I was just wondering about changing the size of the whole thing. Would it be an easy thing to do?
10th July 2007, 07:48 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
just wondering... can u change the whole keyboard to make it look exactly the same as the iphone keyboard?

Nice skin.. im using it now
10th July 2007, 08:04 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Here I made a new skin for HappyTappingKeyboard.

It is only for QVGA Portrait mode.

I dont create the Landscape mode because soon I will buy a new pda with sliding keyboard (Hi HTC Kaiser, where are you?).

However, I included the .psd (PhotoShop) just in case there is volunteer to port it to Landscape mode.

This new skin has bigger button (visually) and more tidy.

Feedbacks are welcome

one more thing.. how can i make the blackkeyboard in your bmp file the default one? instead of the white and blue??

Thank you
10th July 2007, 09:10 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Here I made a new skin for HappyTappingKeyboard.

It is only for QVGA Portrait mode.

I dont create the Landscape mode because soon I will buy a new pda with sliding keyboard (Hi HTC Kaiser, where are you?).

However, I included the .psd (PhotoShop) just in case there is volunteer to port it to Landscape mode.

This new skin has bigger button (visually) and more tidy.

Feedbacks are welcome

one last thing... can u add in the key of the big dot a layout to access accents and all that stuff that is in the normal keyboard??

Thank you in advance
11th July 2007, 10:23 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Very nice, thanks alot- I'm using your keyboard for portrait and the ipKeyboard for Landscape mode.

Thanks again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes