Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Constant Crashes on my HERMES

29th November 2008, 08:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

127 posts
More
Hello All,

I ram the Hermes Shadow 2.1 ROM for almost 6 months and nothing was stabler than that, i finally upgraded (to AlmostNak3d Manilla v11)to get the keyboard fix during call on all the new ROMs and none of the ROMs have been any good to my device. The device after a day or so, just freezes and I'm unable to restart it, it just gets stuck at the boot screen, and sometimes appears as if it were Hard-Reset.

I've tried almost all of the new ROMs here and all of them have crashed on me. I'm going back to Shadow 2.1TE from Cloudyfa, and I'm hoping this gets fixed.

Is there a patch that I can use to get the keyboard during call fix on the Shadow 2.1TE wm6.1 rom? or is there a way to make my device stable on the new ROMs again? I dont know anything about cooking ROMs, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
29th November 2008, 08:29 AM   |  #2  

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddHead

Hello All,

I ram the Hermes Shadow 2.1 ROM for almost 6 months and nothing was stabler than that, i finally upgraded (to AlmostNak3d Manilla v11)to get the keyboard fix during call on all the new ROMs and none of the ROMs have been any good to my device. The device after a day or so, just freezes and I'm unable to restart it, it just gets stuck at the boot screen, and sometimes appears as if it were Hard-Reset.

I've tried almost all of the new ROMs here and all of them have crashed on me. I'm going back to Shadow 2.1TE from Cloudyfa, and I'm hoping this gets fixed.

Is there a patch that I can use to get the keyboard during call fix on the Shadow 2.1TE wm6.1 rom? or is there a way to make my device stable on the new ROMs again? I dont know anything about cooking ROMs, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

flash a oem rom and then again the custom rom you want
this should solve your problem
29th November 2008, 09:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, UK

127 posts
More
Thanks, Could you give me a link to any of the 6.1 OEM ROMs? also is there a hotfix for the Keyboard bug during calls?
29th November 2008, 10:57 AM   |  #4  

55 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, Could you give me a link to any of the 6.1 OEM ROMs? also is there a hotfix for the Keyboard bug during calls?

look at this post from Dr Puttingham
29th November 2008, 12:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, UK

127 posts
More
Thanks, the Shadow Roms working fine now. I did install HardSPL long ago, so shouldnt be a problem. Whats the best Radio ROM for Hermes in India? any guidance to the keyboard during call fix will be of great help. SHould I ry the original OEM ROM for WM5 which came with my HERMES?
29th November 2008, 03:26 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Trenton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 587

1,161 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, the Shadow Roms working fine now. I did install HardSPL long ago, so shouldnt be a problem. Whats the best Radio ROM for Hermes in India? any guidance to the keyboard during call fix will be of great help. SHould I ry the original OEM ROM for WM5 which came with my HERMES?

The reason for flashing the shipped rom is to clear up any issues that the big storage roms can create, like hard resets. They are writing into areas of the flash memory that can get "confused" going from one big storage rom to another. So the stock rom will "freshen" it up.

As for the keyboard issue, I'm not sure.
30th November 2008, 03:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, UK

127 posts
More
Thanks, The shadow ROM seems to be working fine for me, the keyboard fix was done by Dillsnik & Fun_Key, and is incorporated into the later ROMs which are all Hard Resetting my device. I wanted to know if there is anyway to Hotfix this into the older ROM that i'm running. also the battery fix the same way.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread