Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

how to view extended rom without total commander

OP boinger66

6th July 2007, 03:10 PM   |  #1  
boinger66's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ StorageManager \ AutoLoad \ TRUEFFS_DOC1
Bootphase=2
(As for default value 1)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ StorageManager \ Profiles \ TRUEFFS_DOC1
MountHidden=0
(As for default value 1)

then soft - reset

allows you to delete files from your extended rom

note: i could successfully remove stuff from the ext rom ... but i could not add stuff as it said media is write protected

post note: well it seems as though when you remove a file ... it dissappears... but when i ran total commander and checked it again trying to add a file i had removed ... it actually is still there ... just not visible somehow....

dunno so i guess this reg hack is only to view the ext rom...
Last edited by boinger66; 6th July 2007 at 08:56 PM.
6th July 2007, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
1,007 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinger66

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ StorageManager \ AutoLoad \ TRUEFFS_DOC1
Bootphase=2
(As for default value 1)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ StorageManager \ Profiles \ TRUEFFS_DOC1
MountHidden=0
(As for default value 1)

then soft - reset

allows you to delete files from your extended rom

How is your Athena doing? And which files do you "hate" so much?

Did you delete any files before it died? Is it working now?

Cheers
6th July 2007, 03:28 PM   |  #3  
boinger66's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
i actually did this hack after i got it working again...

it seems that the battery got uber drained... in a few hours... gonna try and determine the cause of that tonight but its fine
6th July 2007, 04:00 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
1,007 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinger66

i actually did this hack after i got it working again...

it seems that the battery got uber drained... in a few hours... gonna try and determine the cause of that tonight but its fine

Good to know that I thought device is configured to turn off before battery goes beyond that point. I had it once in WM5. but I just left it plugged in and went to bed. Following morning Ameo was smiling at me. How sweet
6th July 2007, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
boinger66's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoradjei

Good to know that I thought device is configured to turn off before battery goes beyond that point. I had it once in WM5. but I just left it plugged in and went to bed. Following morning Ameo was smiling at me. How sweet

yea such a relief huh =)
6th July 2007, 08:36 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 3
 
1,017 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2005
More
I'm glad there are clever people here.

Thanks boinger66
6th July 2007, 08:46 PM   |  #7  
boinger66's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious

I'm glad there are clever people here.

Thanks boinger66

no problem =)

note: i could successfully remove stuff from the ext rom ... but i could not add stuff as it said media is write protected
Last edited by boinger66; 6th July 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes