Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

OP N2A

3rd December 2007, 05:39 PM   |  #801  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by depro

Hi.
I have the original HTC Touch. I installed the TouchHTCHomeDLL and altered the xml file. soft reseted but the "select city" doesn't work. Then I installed the Sdk Certs. Soft reset. Still the same problem...

Thanks

Hmmn...that's interesting. I mistakenly installed the patch before the sdkcerts.cab as well. But then I uninstalled the the patch after that, installed sdkcerts.cab, and then installed the patch and got the same results, so I thought having installed the patch without the sdkcerts.cab hadn't made a difference, but maybe it did???
3rd December 2007, 05:51 PM   |  #802  
Thanks Meter: 1

93 posts
More
yup. i lost the hability to change cities. I uninstalled the patch, restored the xml file as it was (removed the added lines) and... still stuck with the same city!
Anyway around this?
Thanks.
3rd December 2007, 05:52 PM   |  #803  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A

You don't need the DLL, although I've included all the information you should need to get it installed above, at post #795. There's a patched version of the DLL itself there too.

thanks guy...it worked out...its like 2 degrees off but its good...
3rd December 2007, 05:59 PM   |  #804  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colne, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 5

514 posts
More
Quote:

Hi.
I have the original HTC Touch. I installed the TouchHTCHomeDLL and altered the xml file. soft reseted but the "select city" doesn't work. Then I installed the Sdk Certs. Soft reset. Still the same problem...

Thanks

Okay. First of all, you should have installed SdkCerts.cab first, or it probably wouldn't have worked at all.

Secondly, please define "select city doesn't work". When you press it, does it come up with the box saying Select City? Is the list blank, or does it have anything in? I need a bit more detail than you're giving me here.

I'm *guessing* that you are getting an empty city list, which is normally a dead giveaway for a broken XML file (ie improper editing). Please confirm what you've done, either way.
3rd December 2007, 06:02 PM   |  #805  
OP Senior Member

514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by already known

thanks guy...it worked out...its like 2 degrees off but its good...

Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A

Known Issues

• The temperature in Farhenheit can occasionally be a degree or two out, as I convert from the Celsius scale. To get both readings would mean two calls to the server, which would be more work and bandwidth for my server. I'm sure you can live with a degree out occasionally.

Can you confirm though - has it worked for you? And what method did you use? I need confirmation that one of these methods has worked.
3rd December 2007, 06:03 PM   |  #806  
OP Senior Member

514 posts
More
Quote:

yup. i lost the hability to change cities. I uninstalled the patch, restored the xml file as it was (removed the added lines) and... still stuck with the same city!
Anyway around this?
Thanks.

Sounds like your XML file is corrupted mate, or has incorrect syntax somewhere - what did you use to edit it?

We could do with a "reference" copy of the new Vogue's XML file somewhere.
Last edited by N2A; 3rd December 2007 at 06:06 PM.
3rd December 2007, 06:09 PM   |  #807  

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A

Sounds like your XML file is corrupted mate, or has incorrect syntax somewhere - what did you use to edit it?

We could do with a "reference" copy of the new Vogue's XML file somewhere.

yes. the problem is the xml file. I installed the HTC_Touch_Home_Plugin_N2A_WeatherPatched.cab and i can noy choose a city with no problems. I used wordpad to edit the xml file and used reco explorer to move it from "my documents" to windows. Not only my added cities don't show up, as when I tap below "Weather" nothing and I mean nothing happens. Maybe I should use other soft to edit the xml file?
Last edited by depro; 3rd December 2007 at 06:12 PM.
3rd December 2007, 06:14 PM   |  #808  
OP Senior Member

514 posts
More
Quote:

yes. the problem is the xml file. I installed the HTC_Touch_Home_Plugin_N2A_WeatherPatched.cab and i can noy choose a city with no problems. I used notepad to edit the xml file and used reco explorer to move it from "my documents" to windows. Not only my added cities don't show up, as when I tap below "Weather" nothing and I mean nothing happens. Maybe I should use other soft to edit the xml file?

I believe Notepad can do the job - personally I use Crimson Editor - but there's obviously something up with the syntax. I'm assuming you're copying another line, and replacing the data with your own.

There is always the other alternative if you don't get anywhere - install the Schen 2.1 patched version, and go from there. Either that, or I believe the HTC Home Customizer programs are capable of doing the editing for you.
3rd December 2007, 06:19 PM   |  #809  

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A

I believe Notepad can do the job - personally I use Crimson Editor - but there's obviously something up with the syntax. I'm assuming you're copying another line, and replacing the data with your own.

There is always the other alternative if you don't get anywhere - install the Schen 2.1 patched version, and go from there. Either that, or I believe the HTC Home Customizer programs are capable of doing the editing for you.

Can someone post here the original/unedited HH_0409_WeatherCities file? Thanks.
3rd December 2007, 06:39 PM   |  #810  

93 posts
More
SOLVED!!

It was the damn soft I used to edit the xml file. No problems whatsoever with Crimson Editor.
Thanks N2A and Sprinttouchguy.
depro

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread