Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

Tip us?

SprintTouchGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by depro View Post
Hi.
I have the original HTC Touch. I installed the TouchHTCHomeDLL and altered the xml file. soft reseted but the "select city" doesn't work. Then I installed the Sdk Certs. Soft reset. Still the same problem...

Thanks
Hmmn...that's interesting. I mistakenly installed the patch before the sdkcerts.cab as well. But then I uninstalled the the patch after that, installed sdkcerts.cab, and then installed the patch and got the same results, so I thought having installed the patch without the sdkcerts.cab hadn't made a difference, but maybe it did???

depro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yup. i lost the hability to change cities. I uninstalled the patch, restored the xml file as it was (removed the added lines) and... still stuck with the same city!
Anyway around this?
Thanks.

already known
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A View Post
You don't need the DLL, although I've included all the information you should need to get it installed above, at post #795. There's a patched version of the DLL itself there too.
thanks guy...it worked out...its like 2 degrees off but its good...

N2A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hi.
I have the original HTC Touch. I installed the TouchHTCHomeDLL and altered the xml file. soft reseted but the "select city" doesn't work. Then I installed the Sdk Certs. Soft reset. Still the same problem...

Thanks
Okay. First of all, you should have installed SdkCerts.cab first, or it probably wouldn't have worked at all.

Secondly, please define "select city doesn't work". When you press it, does it come up with the box saying Select City? Is the list blank, or does it have anything in? I need a bit more detail than you're giving me here.

I'm *guessing* that you are getting an empty city list, which is normally a dead giveaway for a broken XML file (ie improper editing). Please confirm what you've done, either way.
Current: Google/LG Nexus 4 (Testing CM11, Stock, Nexus 5 Experience, OmniROM)
Previous: Sony Xperia Pro MK16i running Jelly Sandwich 8.5
Previous: Nokia N900 - Maemo 5/CSSU
Previous: T-Mobile UK, Vario II (Hermes HERM300), WM6 - Pandora ROM

Once-upon-a-time HTC Home hacker to put local weather on Windows Mobile devices...

N2A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by already known View Post
thanks guy...it worked out...its like 2 degrees off but its good...
Heh.

Quote:
Known Issues
  • The temperature in Farhenheit can occasionally be a degree or two out, as I convert from the Celsius scale. To get both readings would mean two calls to the server, which would be more work and bandwidth for my server. I'm sure you can live with a degree out occasionally.
Can you confirm though - has it worked for you? And what method did you use? I need confirmation that one of these methods has worked.

Once-upon-a-time HTC Home hacker to put local weather on Windows Mobile devices...

N2A
Old
(Last edited by N2A; 3rd December 2007 at 05:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
yup. i lost the hability to change cities. I uninstalled the patch, restored the xml file as it was (removed the added lines) and... still stuck with the same city!
Anyway around this?
Thanks.
Sounds like your XML file is corrupted mate, or has incorrect syntax somewhere - what did you use to edit it?

We could do with a "reference" copy of the new Vogue's XML file somewhere.

depro
Old
(Last edited by depro; 3rd December 2007 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Sounds like your XML file is corrupted mate, or has incorrect syntax somewhere - what did you use to edit it?

We could do with a "reference" copy of the new Vogue's XML file somewhere.
yes. the problem is the xml file. I installed the HTC_Touch_Home_Plugin_N2A_WeatherPatched.cab and i can noy choose a city with no problems. I used wordpad to edit the xml file and used reco explorer to move it from "my documents" to windows. Not only my added cities don't show up, as when I tap below "Weather" nothing and I mean nothing happens. Maybe I should use other soft to edit the xml file?

N2A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
yes. the problem is the xml file. I installed the HTC_Touch_Home_Plugin_N2A_WeatherPatched.cab and i can noy choose a city with no problems. I used notepad to edit the xml file and used reco explorer to move it from "my documents" to windows. Not only my added cities don't show up, as when I tap below "Weather" nothing and I mean nothing happens. Maybe I should use other soft to edit the xml file?
I believe Notepad can do the job - personally I use Crimson Editor - but there's obviously something up with the syntax. I'm assuming you're copying another line, and replacing the data with your own.

There is always the other alternative if you don't get anywhere - install the Schen 2.1 patched version, and go from there. Either that, or I believe the HTC Home Customizer programs are capable of doing the editing for you.

depro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I believe Notepad can do the job - personally I use Crimson Editor - but there's obviously something up with the syntax. I'm assuming you're copying another line, and replacing the data with your own.

There is always the other alternative if you don't get anywhere - install the Schen 2.1 patched version, and go from there. Either that, or I believe the HTC Home Customizer programs are capable of doing the editing for you.
Can someone post here the original/unedited HH_0409_WeatherCities file? Thanks.

depro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
SOLVED!!

It was the damn soft I used to edit the xml file. No problems whatsoever with Crimson Editor.
Thanks N2A and Sprinttouchguy.
depro