Originally Posted by unknown00
hey everyone this is my first windows/HTC phone and it's the tmobile wing. i have a few quick questions that are probably followed by a lot more...
1. is there any shortcut to lock the phone without having to press the lock button?
2. is there anyway to get rid of t-zones? i think you need to edit the registry but what should i use to do that?
3. is there a way i can change the calendar shortcut on main screen?
4. my alarm clock is not repeating itself. i set it as repeat sound but it's not doing it. any ideas?
5. where should i go to download more apps/games?
6. will the screen ever go black? if the phone is idling the brightness just turns off but all my old phones it would turn black
7. can't install activesync on computer. keep getting this error
did exactly what it told me to. reinstall and uninstall then install with restarts. deleted entire flash folder. tried installing through IE and downloading installation don't work. tried firefox. tried usually manual update. nothing works. my computer says i have the newest version of flash installed. any ideas?
Aaaahhhh! So many questions, my head's going to explode!
I don't have a wing, but all your questions are pretty basic and something you SHOULD be able to figure out by just playing around with the phone, reading the manual and reading the Herald forums. I'll just give you some good or possibly bad advice here.
1. My sure-fire method to lock my phone? Hit the power button. Locked.
2. I'm not sure if you're asking about the T-Zones app, or the T-Zones connection. Please clarify.
3. Are you asking how to remove the calendar from your mainscreen? If so, Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items (lower tab) -> uncheck "Calendar".
4. No ideas there. I never use it.
5. More apps, games? Lots of them here. Even more here
6. Not sure about the Wing, but with the Wizard and Hermes it will dim then go black. Maybe you're not giving it enough time?
7. Scrap the install CD. Just download
Activesync from Microsoft.
(Just a side note to #7. To fix your Flash problem, download and install this
, reboot, then redownload and install Flash from here
P.S. This one was a "gimme". Next time, please make an effort to find your own answers to such simple questions.