Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MyFaves and WM6

Tip us?

jmpak
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question MyFaves and WM6

I have this problem:
this was quoted from Howardforums.

I have realized after numerous missed calls and calling the wrong people that there are 2 inherent problems with the myFaves program and WM6 (Wing specifically).

Problem #1
If you have chosen to hide the myFaves icons from the today screen, then when you miss a call from one of the people that you have assigned as a myFave you will have no notification whatsoever. That is, no flashing light, no sound, no vibrate, and NO MESSAGE notification. No matter the settings in “Sounds & Notifications”

This is just ridiculous. My wife always complained that I would never call her back when she tried to call me at work, but it is because I had no idea she was calling.

Please note that this is only with contacts assigned as a myFave, everyone else that I miss a call from I get a message, light, sound, vibrate, etc.

Problem #2
One of my favorite features of any cell phone is the ability to quickly redial the last person that you called or the last person that called you. I use this feature all the time to quickly call back the person listed as my “Last Call”.

What I am talking about is when you hit the green phone button (hard button) and you get the numpad with the “Last Call” listed near the top left corner. Then you hit the button a second time to call that person. So it is essentially the ability to quickly hit the green button twice and redial that person.

If the “Last Call” is a contact assigned as a myFave, this feature does not work. Sure the name and little myFave logo will appear under “Last Call”, but the person that it will dial will be the last non-myFave person in your recent call history.

I absolutely hate this not working correctly. You would think that T-Mobile could do some testing before they realase software like this. But hey, what do I know…..

I use myFaves a lot, hell I almost double my allotted minutes just in myFaves calls a month. So I have to be able to take advantage of myFaves.

So my question is: Can I remove the “myFaves” application and still retain the use of myFaves through myTmobile.com?

I cannot wait till someone releases an update….

goodwinm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If someone could make a cab of it you could uninstall it and try. I would think they would be able to keep track of who your faves were for billing purposes independent of your phone settings. I never had myfaves and the app never installed on my wing, but its a pretty darn important feature for those who do. Hopefully there will soon be updates and rom cooking and we'll see stable non-tmobilized-crap roms out there. When I had my wizard, the cooked roms were always way more stable than the tmobile ones. It might be that running the myfaves cab on a more generic rom would clear up the bugs. Wish they'd stop delaying the RUU releases...

falconeyez
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpak View Post

I'm adding this to the "call to action topic"

jmpak
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If you delete "List" from the registry, located in HKLM\Security\Phone\NoLog and soft reboot. Your MyFave people will show up on your call log.

malec7321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
T-Mobile data devices are not running myfaves well at all.

Think your Wing has myfaves problems?? Check out the Pearl.

Hopefully it can be fixed, myfaves is an awesome rateplan, and on all the regular handsets it works perfectly, just all the data devices dont like it.

psyop1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default notifications and myfaves problem

Quote:
I have this problem:
this was quoted from Howardforums.

I have realized after numerous missed calls and calling the wrong people that there are 2 inherent problems with the myFaves program and WM6 (Wing specifically).

Problem #1
If you have chosen to hide the myFaves icons from the today screen, then when you miss a call from one of the people that you have assigned as a myFave you will have no notification whatsoever. That is, no flashing light, no sound, no vibrate, and NO MESSAGE notification. No matter the settings in “Sounds & Notifications”

So my question is: Can I remove the “myFaves” application and still retain the use of myFaves through myTmobile.com?

------------------------
I use the Touch-IT 2.3 ROM without myfaves running and notification and billing both work just fine. The myfaves app is just that, an app. It doesn't provide any special t-mo network capabilities, as that is managed as part of your account, not your phone.

Your notifications problem sounds like some kind of corruption of settings rather than a problem with myfaves; did the suggestion below related to "list" help at all?

AdamsvillE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyop1 View Post
------------------------
I use the Touch-IT 2.3 ROM without myfaves running and notification and billing both work just fine. The myfaves app is just that, an app. It doesn't provide any special t-mo network capabilities, as that is managed as part of your account, not your phone.

Your notifications problem sounds like some kind of corruption of settings rather than a problem with myfaves; did the suggestion below related to "list" help at all?
its not corruption because i had the exact same problems and numerous amounts of others have said the same thing. I disabled the myfaves app and i can still call those same 5 people and wont be billed for it and i can change the 5 my going through mytmobile.com

bukbuk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
If you delete "List" from the registry, located in HKLM\Security\Phone\NoLog and soft reboot. Your MyFave people will show up on your call log.
This worked for me!!
Galaxy s3
Jellybomb

Janis
Old
(Last edited by Janis; 6th June 2008 at 06:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Default Did anyone figure this out?

I also can't use the green phone button for redial (only) of specific (speed dial?) numbers. It's a hassle.

I also miss calls, but only from these same people. I do suspect it's a software problem, specifically and extended rom problem. I too have tried several OS ROMs, and all of the radio ROMs I can.

I don't have a myFaves plan or the app.

I'd like to try a fresh extended ROM next, but if someone has figured this out, since it's happened to me a lot (maybe getting the settings from Tmo automagically?) I'd rather tackle it directly rather than try to shot-gun solve it.

As it turns out, the three people I was missing calls from were using old sim cards. Yes, three, and they were all something like eight years old. They all have had them replaced and everything is fine. Given this post, however, I'm going to sign up for myfaves.
Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T), stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
T-mobile S3, stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
Galaxy Note GT-N7000, RocketRom
TPT 16gb stock rooted back from repair & working slowly but beautifully
Vibrant & still pretty happy with it with CM10.1
G1 on CM6 as kitchen timer and remote keyboard

Flashing is better in your jammies!