[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

OP tene

30th August 2007, 10:33 PM   |  #491  
Thanks Meter: 0

243 posts
tene:

Great application. It is an iphone killer.
30th August 2007, 10:42 PM   |  #492  

254 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaV3

lol, I spy my "www" key skin, hehe.

This looks like a really good skin, I was just thinking about how to make the keys bigger. I can see me customising this to my own requirements if you don't mind?

Sorry LlamaV3, I must have looked at a reply to your post from "Zard". Yes, I did use your www key. Feel free to use any of this skin.
31st August 2007, 01:09 AM   |  #493  
Thanks Meter: 183

3,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abram

This seems to be a common problem with this keyboard. I've been trying to use it since v0.3b. It require a series of installs and resets and uninstalls and resets and reinstalls and resets. When you do get it to install, you wonder what you did wrong this time. I've not got v0.7 to work either.

Still, it is one of the best keyboards I've used so far, so I'm hoping someone will sort out the installation problems for us. So far folk are focused on customising it's output and improving its performance, which is fair enough. Once that is done, I do hope Tene will find a foolproof installation method for us. I will be donating or getting a commercial version of it. At the moment, I'm trying tengofree and after using PocketCM, not too impressed with it.

BTW, there is also a solution here, which involves a process of crossing your fingers on the device, I think!
http://pocketcm.com/phorum/read.php?19,1074

Using a BA with xplode kitchen 2 rom. I don't face problem with installation or uninstallation. Only issue I face is when I create my own keyboard layout and set it to default, and when I do a soft reset, it will not be the default layout.

The other point is, if you had selected this SIP to be default and wants to uninstall it, set your default SIP to either the WM5 default keyboard or some others, before you uninstall. I think this step applies to all SIPs, I think.
31st August 2007, 04:26 AM   |  #494  
Thanks Meter: 183

3,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard

Alright, I know now what you guys have been referring to about symbol layout.

I created a new layout, called it keyboard_layout_4. Put in keys like SMS, .com, www., frequently used words like my name, etc. Format as pointed out by tene:

[1.com] -> .com
[1www.] -> www.

Kept the numbers, + - / * = signs.

In layout 1 and 2, I included a /4 to activate layout 4. So now when I'm in layout 1 or 2, if I need to type in those words, I click on /4 button twice and bingo, the words are there for me.

This is really fun. Great keyboard app tene!

I also modified layout 1 and 2 to include , . into them. For layout 3, I added many other signs that are missing, like # % /. I also shifted the backspace key for all the 3 layout to be at the same location, on last layer, just before the Enter key.

Thank you tene.

I will be doing a donation to you soon. Fantastic work!

tene,

Donation done. Confirmation Number is 2GH36955D60662318.

Keep up the good work! Thanks.
31st August 2007, 05:00 AM   |  #495  

24 posts
For the first time I ever donate to an open-source app.

Receipt Number: 0736-5947-0441-6331.

Tene, thanks for the great keyboard that make my touch perfect
31st August 2007, 05:01 AM   |  #496  

24 posts
Does anyone know how to customise the symbol pad? cannot seem to get it right
31st August 2007, 07:25 AM   |  #497  
Thanks Meter: 1

395 posts
great application, is there anyway to keep the regular windows keyboard icon in the the bottom bar?
31st August 2007, 12:19 PM   |  #498  
Flag Rotterdam

139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha22y

For the first time I ever donate to an open-source app.

Receipt Number: 0736-5947-0441-6331.

Tene, thanks for the great keyboard that make my touch perfect

Hate to spoil the fun, but this is closed source, not open source. Nor is it freely distributable. Nevertheless very much worth a donation!
31st August 2007, 03:06 PM   |  #499  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Koster

Hate to spoil the fun, but this is closed source, not open source. Nor is it freely distributable. Nevertheless very much worth a donation!

true true...
31st August 2007, 08:53 PM   |  #500  
Boston, MA

102 posts
More
Hey tene, what's the RGB value for the transparent color in the keyboard? Is it fuchsia or just PNG transparency?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pocket cm
Previous Thread Next Thread