Tip us?

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olioaglio View Post
Hey tene,

thanks for latest PocketCM 0.14. This solved the "Soft keyboard not coming up problem" definitely. Working perfect now!!

But......unfortunately still rema ining is the annoying problem with the s p a c e s between every letter which occurs in Opera native 8.6 (and other versions?) with so far all PCMkeyboard versions including recent 0.9b. This renders the use of theGREAT keyboard unusable with my favorite browser
Any way to fix it? It would bring my TyTN way closer to perfection

Go on with your amazing apps!! You are the man!!

Best regards,
Olioaglio
Upate to opera 8.65 it works for me and others.
Quentin Pouplard
http://www.pocketcm.com

The FD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a wierd problem - if I add another line to layout 2 for numbers in the top row so it looks like this:-

keyboard_layout_1=qwertyuiop\nasdfghjkl'\n\2zxcvbn m\B\B\n\M\M .\4\N
keyboard_layout_2=1234567890\nQWERTYUIOP\nASDFGHJK L'\n\1ZXCVBNM\B\B\n\M\M .\5\N

When I use the skin 'Touch' (the black one) then it doesn't come up right. The bottom row of layout 2 is all white and not coloured right and the keys do not show up. Then if I switch between layout 1 and 2 there is often a line left where the numbers were from line 2 (I mean there is a gap through to my today screen)

Anyone else seen this or know what I mean. If I change skin then it seems to be ok but I prefer the black skin the best. I am using version 0.9b!

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The FD View Post
I have a wierd problem - if I add another line to layout 2 for numbers in the top row so it looks like this:-

keyboard_layout_1=qwertyuiop\nasdfghjkl'\n\2zxcvbn m\B\B\n\M\M .\4\N
keyboard_layout_2=1234567890\nQWERTYUIOP\nASDFGHJK L'\n\1ZXCVBNM\B\B\n\M\M .\5\N

When I use the skin 'Touch' (the black one) then it doesn't come up right. The bottom row of layout 2 is all white and not coloured right and the keys do not show up. Then if I switch between layout 1 and 2 there is often a line left where the numbers were from line 2 (I mean there is a gap through to my today screen)

Anyone else seen this or know what I mean. If I change skin then it seems to be ok but I prefer the black skin the best. I am using version 0.9b!
The touch skin is designed for 4 row layout. You should edit the skin and make the image height match the height of 5 layout (or more).
Quentin Pouplard

The FD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tene View Post
The touch skin is designed for 4 row layout. You should edit the skin and make the image height match the height of 5 layout (or more).
I am looking in the settings.ini file for the skin 'Touch'. How do I change the height?

The settings.ini has
bottom_border_margin=5
top_border_margin=5

Is this what I need to change? Sorry, trying to work it out! I have done searches here and at the PocketCM forums and couldn't find it!

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I am looking in the settings.ini file for the skin 'Touch'. How do I change the height?

The settings.ini has
bottom_border_margin=5
top_border_margin=5

Is this what I need to change? Sorry, trying to work it out! I have done searches here and at the PocketCM forums and couldn't find it!
make the image height match the height of 5 layout (or more)... so you have to actually edit the bitmaps, it's not a setting.

The rational is simple: bigger image -> more memory. So I didn't make the skin support more row than required by provided layout.
Quentin Pouplard

The FD
Old
(Last edited by The FD; 25th September 2007 at 04:55 PM.) Reason: Update on info
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tene View Post
make the image height match the height of 5 layout (or more)... so you have to actually edit the bitmaps, it's not a setting.

The rational is simple: bigger image -> more memory. So I didn't make the skin support more row than required by provided layout.
Ahhhhh.... Harder than I thought it would be and probably too much for my abilities! Thanks though!

I have suprised myself and been able to do it. Thanks again Tene!

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Ahhhhh.... Harder than I thought it would be and probably too much for my abilities! Thanks though!

I have suprised myself and been able to do it. Thanks again Tene!
you're welcome.

By the way 0.10 is up.
Quentin Pouplard

curious george
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tene,

I have never asked, I have always just unistalled the old version and did a complete new install of the newest version. But is that necessary? Can i execute the new .cab and it overwrite the old one and still work?

Thanks,

CG

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious george View Post
Tene,

I have never asked, I have always just unistalled the old version and did a complete new install of the newest version. But is that necessary? Can i execute the new .cab and it overwrite the old one and still work?

Thanks,

CG
It depends, generally if the SIP is already loaded (mean was used recently), it won't work as expected, I advice to always uninstall and reinstall.
Quentin Pouplard

curious george
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks so much. BTW, I just shot you a question over on PocketCM thread.

Thanks a mil

CG

Tags
pocket cm