Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 43,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

Tip us?

freakflow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, I originally changed the SIP but didn't soft reset, or something wierd like that, but it's working now.

Thanks again.

CWKJ
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Problem Report.

Landscape Vga.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	53209   Click image for larger version

Name:	PcmKbL4.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	53210  
iPAQ H2200 (fr Jun04)
1.10.07WWE

Dopod900 (29Dec05~2Jul07)
Aku1.0/2.0, 2.50.00WWE/1.15.00/1.30.230WWE (A2DP, Apps in ER), HelmiAKU3.5v1.3

Dopod D810 (bought for my other half fr Jun07, now my son)

O2 XDA Flame (fr Jul07, lousy O2/MWG/Arima WM5, cooked good WM6.5WWE Cotulla2)/SE M600i (fr Oct07)
Nokia HS-12W (fr Oct06~Dec07), SE HBH-DS980 (fr Dec07)

HTC Touch HD (bought for my other half fr Jun09)

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (fr Jun10)

nonpaq
Old
(Last edited by nonpaq; 5th October 2007 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWKJ View Post
Problem Report.

Landscape Vga.
Background picture needs to be resized for VGA landscape (640 px) in the VGA skins in order to display correctly in v.10. The low display of keyboard (half way down bottom bar) is a known issue that Tene is aware of. Note, he does not have a VGA device, so we have to have patience with VGA bug fixes.

Try this thread to get skins that work on v.10. The GOLD standard for VGA skins is TOUCH_VGA by Mr. Grouch. He has updated it for v.10 at the pocketCM phorums. Looks like you are using a pre-v.10 version of Touch_VGA. I dont know why the second picture did not expand the keyboard. Was that v.10?

efjay
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Anyone have any links to a non-iphone big keyboard skin? Thanks
Dell Venue Pro, it's alive!

Blackflip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default fingers

the edge of my Wizards screen is a little high, so it's pretty hard to reach the keys on the edge, is it possible to add some space to both sides? what do i need to change?

nonpaq
Old
(Last edited by nonpaq; 5th October 2007 at 09:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Anyone have any links to a non-iphone big keyboard skin? Thanks
For QVGA, you should try Big_Black by PMP, found here at Pocketcm forums. Its a taller version of the Touch skin in black.

Be warned. Big_Black in landscape nearly takes up the whole screen. MidBlack is not as tall as Big Black by the same designer.

CWKJ
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonpaq View Post
Background picture needs to be resized for VGA landscape (640 px) in the VGA skins in order to display correctly in v.10. The low display of keyboard (half way down bottom bar) is a known issue that Tene is aware of. Note, he does not have a VGA device, so we have to have patience with VGA bug fixes.

Try this thread to get skins that work on v.10. The GOLD standard for VGA skins is TOUCH_VGA by Mr. Grouch. He has updated it for v.10 at the pocketCM phorums. Looks like you are using a pre-v.10 version of Touch_VGA. I dont know why the second picture did not expand the keyboard. Was that v.10?
Ok, will try.
iPAQ H2200 (fr Jun04)
1.10.07WWE

Dopod900 (29Dec05~2Jul07)
Aku1.0/2.0, 2.50.00WWE/1.15.00/1.30.230WWE (A2DP, Apps in ER), HelmiAKU3.5v1.3

Dopod D810 (bought for my other half fr Jun07, now my son)

O2 XDA Flame (fr Jul07, lousy O2/MWG/Arima WM5, cooked good WM6.5WWE Cotulla2)/SE M600i (fr Oct07)
Nokia HS-12W (fr Oct06~Dec07), SE HBH-DS980 (fr Dec07)

HTC Touch HD (bought for my other half fr Jun09)

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (fr Jun10)

efjay
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonpaq View Post
For QVGA, you should try Big_Black by PMP, found here at Pocketcm forums. Its a taller version of the Touch skin in black.

Be warned. Big_Black in landscape nearly takes up the whole screen. MidBlack is not as tall as Big Black by the same designer.
Thanks, those skins were just what I was looking for.
Dell Venue Pro, it's alive!

The FD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was just thinking about this. Does the keyboard have to be installed on the internal memory? I have mine installed onto the memory card without any problems. Would you strongly advise against using the memory card? And for what reason? I never have the card out of the trinity.

Thanks.

tene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The FD View Post
I was just thinking about this. Does the keyboard have to be installed on the internal memory? I have mine installed onto the memory card without any problems. Would you strongly advise against using the memory card? And for what reason? I never have the card out of the trinity.
First of all, I don't have much experience with PDA, I got mine for only 3 months now.

I would advise against for reliability reason: what if you remove your card (one day, it may happen), have configured pcmk as default, and boot your device? does it still work correctly? (note that it could, I dunno).

Other than that, if it works, well... it works
Quentin Pouplard
http://www.pocketcm.com

Tags
pocket cm