True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

VOIP vs. Skype

OP rgelfand

19th August 2007, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

108 posts
Which has a better sound quality voip and skype?

Thanks in advance,
19th August 2007, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag MAIA

251 posts
better!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgelfand

Which has a better sound quality voip and skype?

Thanks in advance,

19th August 2007, 08:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag BORING Utah
Thanks Meter: 1

298 posts
More
Skype!!!!!!!
19th August 2007, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kansas City, Missouri

106 posts
More
Skype Version
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35driver

Skype!!!!!!!

Which version Skype are you using?
Tks,
19th August 2007, 11:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Aachen

21 posts
More
both the same! when you have a good voip program and a good provider for voip, than it's much better than skype! why? because it's cheaper to phone to people in foreign countries when you have a provider of the country you call to.
and when you need skype you have to pay for every bullsh... when you want to make calls not to a skype client you have to pay, when you want a mailbox you have to pay, when you want to recive calls not of a skype client you have to pay, ...
so i think voip is much better!
20th August 2007, 09:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodor86

both the same! when you have a good voip program and a good provider for voip, than it's much better than skype! why? because it's cheaper to phone to people in foreign countries when you have a provider of the country you call to.
and when you need skype you have to pay for every bullsh... when you want to make calls not to a skype client you have to pay, when you want a mailbox you have to pay, when you want to recive calls not of a skype client you have to pay, ...
so i think voip is much better!

How do you go abount finding good providers? I live in US.

To add to what you said, I like convinience of voip where it integragtes with wm6 seemlessly. This way you could use voice command etc... and you don't need wired headset.
21st August 2007, 12:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Aachen

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgelfand

How do you go abount finding good providers? I live in US.

a good provider should have good prices, good sound quality and no disconnects or traffic problems while talking. besides there should not be a monthly fee, when you don't need a flatrate to talk
how i find a good provider?
first i search for a list with all voip providers in the hole state. than i think about where i wanna call cheaper and i compare some provider prices. when i have a list of providers with good prices i look for services they have. so some have a mailbox, or some have 50 free sms a month and others have cheaper hardware when you make a deal with them.
when i decided for 1 or 2 providers i search in the internet for reports of users, using the provider.

when this is to much work, there are some german sites on which you can compare a list of voip providers and as result of the search you get a grid with all providers which have that what you are looking for.

for example on this site you can compare voip providers worldwide http://www.voipreview.org/
21st August 2007, 03:08 AM   |  #8  

13 posts
Skype vs VoIP?
Sorry to be a nit-pick - Skype is VoIP. I think you mean:

Skype versus SIP (integrated with WM6) or
Skype versus H323

I'm not sure of the nitty-gritty of Skype, but most of the VoIP I've seen uses standard codecs over a real-time channel, usually using UDP e.g. G711, G723, G729, GSM etc. The difference here is the control plane i.e. SIP is text based markup versus Skype which is proprietary.

Personally I think the integrated SIP client in WM6 sucks. Its nice in the fact that its integrated with the dialler, but the support for G711 only/jump through hoops to get the provisioning working makes it a last resort for me. Counterpath has a good SIP client that even supports GSM, G729 but its a standalone app and not integrated into the phone.

My $0.02

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread