Originally Posted by LlamaV3
have you done this test with the previous version? I would be very interested, also what is your code for recording available memory?
yeah i mentioned it in the second-last post.
on my axim x50v running wm6 (i can test on my hx4700 but it is also wm6), i did a soft reset and opened up file explorer and navigated to my iphone dir.
then i opened up settings > memory and looked at the free memory / used memory and wrote them down.
i then opened up my app with file explorer and closed it.
then went back to the memory dialog and compared it to what i wrote down from before.
it showed 100kb loss of memory using my old one,
then i did the exact same procedure with yours and it came out as 200kb loss of memory. (i'm thinking this could be todo with other apps though as i don't see how your code could add much to memory, maybe a trickle of cpu time though)
i used the latest version of memmaid aswell and it showed no changes in memory with either (after pressing refresh).
also tried using wm2003se with device emulator which showed 10kb loss of memory (with mine).
as all of these cases were different to what others have reported with 4mb drops in memory, i've uploaded it anyway to see what happens.
it seems the .net framework disposes memory differently across platforms or something..
but anyway, it worked without causing any problems so it's worth a shot.
just gotta get this new version decided on before i go on to do lots more coding cos it could take a while changing all the code later.
on another note, using memmaid to check it's memory usage while it was running said it was 1.27mb :eek: