Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Real VGA

6th September 2007, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

55 posts
More
This is the new Real VGA release.
With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone
Attached Files
File Type: cab RealVGA_11.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (19.7 KB, 37511 views)
File Type: cab ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (4.34 MB, 32696 views)
File Type: cab ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (3.46 MB, 33705 views)
Last edited by tobias.waldvogel; 14th September 2007 at 01:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tobias.waldvogel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2007, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

55 posts
More
And here are the language packs
And here are the language packs
Attached Files
File Type: zip LangPackESN.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (932.0 KB, 5831 views)
File Type: zip LangPackFRA.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.39 MB, 6236 views)
File Type: zip LangPackGER.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.65 MB, 4846 views)
File Type: zip LangPackNOR.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.35 MB, 604 views)
File Type: zip LangPackRUS.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (749.1 KB, 2342 views)
6th September 2007, 12:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

89 posts
Language Packs
Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.
6th September 2007, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
Can you release Italian language pack?
Great Work Tobias!!!!!!
6th September 2007, 01:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Great work, looking forward installing it, but... Can you please post pics of all three
dpi's! Thanks!!!!!!
6th September 2007, 01:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorry

Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.

Exactly. After installing the language pack you can switch between the different languages. The packs include also the SIP (input method)
6th September 2007, 02:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieletroiano

Can you release Italian language pack?
Great Work Tobias!!!!!!

I will create one in the next days
6th September 2007, 02:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerk2006

Great work, looking forward installing it, but... Can you please post pics of all three
dpi's! Thanks!!!!!!

Here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	96dpi.jpg
Views:	16610
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	49528   Click image for larger version

Name:	128dpi.jpg
Views:	13559
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	49529   Click image for larger version

Name:	192dpi.jpg
Views:	14045
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	49530  
6th September 2007, 03:07 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

55 posts
More
New Release 1.1
I updated the application to version 1.1. Please read the description in the first post.
6th September 2007, 04:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 3

1,017 posts
More
Can you do a Khmer language pack?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread