Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Real VGA

Tip us?

tobias.waldvogel
Old
(Last edited by tobias.waldvogel; 14th September 2007 at 01:44 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Real VGA

This is the new Real VGA release.
With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone
Attached Files
File Type: cab RealVGA_11.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (19.7 KB, 37469 views)
File Type: cab ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (4.34 MB, 32663 views)
File Type: cab ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (3.46 MB, 33680 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tobias.waldvogel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tobias.waldvogel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default And here are the language packs

And here are the language packs
Attached Files
File Type: zip LangPackESN.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (932.0 KB, 5819 views)
File Type: zip LangPackFRA.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.39 MB, 6232 views)
File Type: zip LangPackGER.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.65 MB, 4839 views)
File Type: zip LangPackNOR.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.35 MB, 603 views)
File Type: zip LangPackRUS.ARM.CAB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (749.1 KB, 2337 views)

Jorry
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Language Packs

Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.

danieletroiano
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you release Italian language pack?
Great Work Tobias!!!!!!

cerk2006
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great work, looking forward installing it, but... Can you please post pics of all three
dpi's! Thanks!!!!!!

tobias.waldvogel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorry View Post
Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.
Exactly. After installing the language pack you can switch between the different languages. The packs include also the SIP (input method)

tobias.waldvogel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieletroiano View Post
Can you release Italian language pack?
Great Work Tobias!!!!!!
I will create one in the next days

tobias.waldvogel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerk2006 View Post
Great work, looking forward installing it, but... Can you please post pics of all three
dpi's! Thanks!!!!!!
Here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	96dpi.jpg
Views:	16596
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	49528   Click image for larger version

Name:	128dpi.jpg
Views:	13549
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	49529   Click image for larger version

Name:	192dpi.jpg
Views:	14034
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	49530  

tobias.waldvogel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default New Release 1.1

I updated the application to version 1.1. Please read the description in the first post.

Confucious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Can you do a Khmer language pack?
He who asks a question looks stupid for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains stupid forever.

Nexus 4 coming from iPhones