Novice Wing Modder with Some Questions....
Hey folks, I got my Wing a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I had a treo before, and this makes me much happier. I had gotten into modding the UI a bit and playing around with the best combos of third-party software on my old treo, so I started playing with my Wing. Well, I've gotten probably mid-level with my technical modding competency thus far. I'm comfortable with most progs and mods I've found below actually flashing the ROM, and I'd think about that too, but I've gathered that most of the TF roms out have trouble on the Wing. So far, I'm overclocked to 260, tweaked some stuff in the registry, installed the HTC Touch UI minus the cube and all that, but I'm not quite happy. So, I have some questions:
On the HTC Home 5 tab skin:
1. Is there any way to put custom icons in the launcher area? Not just style-wise(though that would be good), but that link to things that aren't on the list? I'd really love to but a button that would take me to "settings" in there, like the one that takes you to "programs". I have a few other ideas too.
2. On the weather tab, I know there is a way to add cities to the "select city" list by getting the city code off of accuweather.com and changing the registry, but I can't figure out how to get the code for my city when I look it up on the site...I search it, and it comes up, but where is the code?
3. I put the HTC black theme on here, but I wondered, are there any others available? I know I've seen a blue one, and I think I've seen pictures of an HTC Touch that had a red theme....
1. I tried to up my page pool to 6mb like it says in the "all you need to know" thread, but the preparation app wont work....I install it, but nothing happens after that....I can't find it to open or anything else...Is installing it enough?
2. Is there any way to keep wm6 from putting the recently used programs on the start menu?
3. Is there any way to change the two links on the bottom bar that the soft keys are mapped to? Not change what the keys are mapped to, but like, change "Calendar" to "Settings" or "Contacts" to "Messaging", for example?
4. Is there anything out there that would let me navigate my phone with my finger? I know certain programs have this capability, like Opera Mobile's latest beta and PocketCM(which I use), but I'd like it on all windows that require scrolling....
1. Anyone know the best app to use to stream radio and/or tv on my phone?
2. What's the best way to watch youtube? I wouldn't ask, but I've found like three or four different threads/articles on ways to do it, and I don't know which I should use. I prefer to use Opera as my browser, but I can use PIE now and then, if the process actually lets me watch it in my browser....
3. Can ya suggest any good games?
Well, thanks in advance for any help you can give. I've been trolling here for a while, so I know there are some very smart people here and I have faith. Sorry for asking so much, and forgive me if I should have broken this up a bit into different threads, but I'm trying to perfect my phone, and this was basically what was left on my list....Any other tips on how to achieve my goal of making a nice, clean, finger-friendly UI and putting the picking the best apps would be appreciated too.