Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,046 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help - My Excalibur won't boot up.

Tip us?

wm1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hold both soft keys like I am going to hard reset it and that usually makes it start the first time. Glad I'm not the only one with this happening.

robertgbl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I hold down the red phone key (end key) to stop the boot cycling. I look forward to someone finding the cause of this behavior.

rfsmithsr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rolling Boot

Had the same problem on my T-Mobile Dash which I had upgraded from WM5 to the official WM6 ROM. Neither of the suggestions above would work. Just a never ending boot, reboot. Did a hard reset but did not load any programs. I had noticed the Newsbreak would load during startup (same with WM5) and it would sometimes hang when reading my RSS feeds. I think the post above about a auto install program is the problem (program on SD).

Ron

McHale
Old
Thanks Meter 16
My phone did this when I let the battery go dead (remember, the Dash with WM6 drains battery pretty bad compared to WM5).

I plugged it in and let it charge all the way up. When I turned it on, it was stioll doing it.

Here's what I did to fix it:

Take out the microSD card.

Take out the SIM.

Pull out the battery for 5 mins.

When I turned it on, it complained about not having a SIM card. I clicked through the errors and it took me into Windows. I then shut it down properly and put the rest of the stuff back in. Worked fine after that.

-Mc

lafester
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHale View Post
My phone did this when I let the battery go dead (remember, the Dash with WM6 drains battery pretty bad compared to WM5).

I plugged it in and let it charge all the way up. When I turned it on, it was stioll doing it.

Here's what I did to fix it:

Take out the microSD card.

Take out the SIM.

Pull out the battery for 5 mins.

When I turned it on, it complained about not having a SIM card. I clicked through the errors and it took me into Windows. I then shut it down properly and put the rest of the stuff back in. Worked fine after that.

-Mc
my battery was draining faster too until i remembered to uncheck the "recieve incoming beams" box. now my batt life is the same if not better.

chaznet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does that setting refer to Bluetooth? How does it save power if Bluetooth is shut off... and... if Bluetooth is on, and the setting is unchecked, does Bluetooth use less power? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
my battery was draining faster too until i remembered to uncheck the "recieve incoming beams" box. now my batt life is the same if not better.

lafester
Old
Thanks Meter 235
has nothing to do with bluetooth.

i think it has to do with infrared communication.

chaznet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That doesn't sound correct... The Dash doesn't have infrared, though it does have the function of 'beaming' contacts via bluetooth (as well as receiving 'beamed' contacts via bluetooth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
has nothing to do with bluetooth.

i think it has to do with infrared communication.

lafester
Old
Thanks Meter 235
either way, battery life improves with it turned off.

Intergalactic
Old
(Last edited by Intergalactic; 26th May 2007 at 08:35 AM.)
Banned
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation The Problem Is In The SD Card And The Windows\StartUp\ Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsmithsr View Post
Had the same problem on my T-Mobile Dash which I had upgraded from WM5 to the official WM6 ROM. Neither of the suggestions above would work. Just a never ending boot, reboot. Did a hard reset but did not load any programs. I had noticed the Newsbreak would load during startup (same with WM5) and it would sometimes hang when reading my RSS feeds. I think the post above about a auto install program is the problem (program on SD).

Ron
Guys look in the \Windows\StartUp\ folder and see if you can find a file call the \SDdaemon\ file. I believe this file is not suppose to be in the Dash period, now I could be wrong, but when I deleted this file, the [SDdaemon file] and deleted Newsbreake, the cycle of rebooting stop immediately. Somebody gave me a home screen to download, thats when the cycle of rebooting started on my Dash! Let me know what you find on your Dash, because I can tell you more by the results you find! P.S I found out its not the [Sddaemon file], it was Newsbreake!