LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC home or SPB mobile shell?

OP chocodip

19th September 2007, 04:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
Hi all, i wanna ask if i should install mobile shell onto my kaiser? really luv the page of mobile shell but heard it drain out the battery and slow down the ram...is that true?

i want something to display my battery % without clicking in as well a clena calender on interface...pls let me know which software provide it.

thks alot!

p.s. the Kaiser really smooth runnign so far + the radio rom really much improved comapre to my previous Trinty.
19th September 2007, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Elgin, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 14

281 posts
Thumbs down Yes it's true!
From my experiences, everything you've heard about the SPB shell and other apps (Diary, Weather, etc.) do in fact drain the battery! There is also a noticeable slowdown in performance with these running.

With these installed and enabled on my Task Window, I go from 100% charge down to 60% in about 3 hours. I was obviously tethered to a power plug or car adapter.

I've opted to go with the native HTC Home plugin and will work this weekend to customize the weather, the CUBE, icons, and all the other goodies.

TEC
19th September 2007, 06:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodip

Hi all, i wanna ask if i should install mobile shell onto my kaiser? really luv the page of mobile shell but heard it drain out the battery and slow down the ram...is that true?

i want something to display my battery % without clicking in as well a clena calender on interface...pls let me know which software provide it.

thks alot!

p.s. the Kaiser really smooth runnign so far + the radio rom really much improved comapre to my previous Trinty.

I am in the same boat as you and I was just debating myself on the same thing.......

I had used many SPB software and had SPB MS/Backup/PhoneSuite on my P3600i prior to the Kaiser. But HTC Home gave me substantially similar functionality (except for SBP Backup which I installed on my Kaiser), I am very hesitant in installing SPB software if they are not needed, especially when the Kaiser is so stable without MS/PhoneSuite.......
19th September 2007, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 160

3,482 posts
I use HTC home plugin and the battery life is good.

For battery indicator, I suggest "batti"

http://pda.jasnapaka.com/batti/

It is very light, very small, works well, customizeable

For calendar, you may look Calendar+ or TodayAgenda.

Btw, do you use SPB GPRS Monitor as well?

I am considering of using it, but thinking of memory drain.
19th September 2007, 11:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
hey all,

thks for all da infos~~~i think i will keep my HTC instead. Since it's really smooth runnin dun wanna slow down by any softwares.

Kaiser is soooo much improved on speed .......previous i hv problem with mapking R12 (the speed , the reaction.....just so dead slow) now really kickin off!

i m luvin it!~~

ps. For the Batti software....seems it's similar to the preinstall one...anyone?
19th September 2007, 11:48 AM   |  #6  

3,482 posts
No, it is not the same

Batti gives you "line" indicator at the very top of your sceen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodip

hey all,

thks for all da infos~~~i think i will keep my HTC instead. Since it's really smooth runnin dun wanna slow down by any softwares.

Kaiser is soooo much improved on speed .......previous i hv problem with mapking R12 (the speed , the reaction.....just so dead slow) now really kickin off!

i m luvin it!~~

ps. For the Batti software....seems it's similar to the preinstall one...anyone?

19th September 2007, 11:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

37 posts
but i got the line indicator now as well.....hmm.......
19th September 2007, 01:08 PM   |  #8  

54 posts
I immediately switched back to Mobile Shell. Don't get me wrong; the default design of WM6 is fine but the clock is way to large and some tabs really bug me (like quick-choice for the sound profiles).

My phones need to have a clean interface so now I'm only running the default install of Mobile Shell, Owner and Calendar. Loads of room on screen to spare for new/cool apps.
19th September 2007, 02:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag London

26 posts
More
SPB Shell is the way for me.
My experience is that with HTC Home plug-in battery drained faster than with SBP Shell. I also find Shell easier to use with fingers. An more configurable.

I have cLaunch with large iPhone icones attached to one of the Shell's tabs - works very nice.
19th September 2007, 03:42 PM   |  #10  

3,482 posts
Quick question for you Mobile Shell user

I like the PHOTO tab in the HTC Home where you can put 9 pictures for speed dial.

And I saw SpB shell can have that too.

But from the screenshot in the website, it displays about 5 pictures ...

Actually, how much can you have with Mobile Shell?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread