Connecting Touch to amplifier<speakers>

Tip us?

samratisking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Connecting Touch to amplifier<speakers>

Hi frds,

I wud like to know whether TOUCH can be connected to amplifier with speakers(music system) to enjoy songs????? If so pls tell me the specification of cables & converters(if needed) that should be used..pls help me guys...Thanq!!!!!!!!!!TC BYEEEEE

Biffert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There are connectors available that go from USB (Your Touch output connector) to 3,5 mm jack (Most common for headphones etc). The 3,5 mm jack can easily be connected to R and L composit cables that plug into most amps

Touch to more common output:

Jack to amp:

Good luck
Omnia7
Hero
Diamond
Kaiser
Elf
Universal

samratisking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where can i get these connectors in Bangalore, India?

Hi Thank you sooooo much for showing me the pics. Where can i find these in Bangalore? Is there any code or measurement for our Touch USB port??? Plsss help me byeeeee

LittleBigBen
Old
(Last edited by LittleBigBen; 1st October 2007 at 06:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have my Touch on my system and listen to internet radio... workes totaly fine!!!
You can get the adapter on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.de/ORIG-HTC-Audio-Ja...QQcmdZViewItem

Biffert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samratisking View Post
Hi Thank you sooooo much for showing me the pics. Where can i find these in Bangalore? Is there any code or measurement for our Touch USB port??? Plsss help me byeeeee

Your local Hifi shop should have the composit cables, the USB to Jack i'm not sure. Here in holland is available of the internet.
Omnia7
Hero
Diamond
Kaiser
Elf
Universal

TheMusicMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can also consider purchasing a bluetooth receiver, then you can not only hook it up to your stereo, but it's wireless as well
I use it in my car, great sound!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ce#post1530800
HTC HD2

grypho
Old
Thanks Meter 3
does anyone know if the brando craddle for htc touch outputs audio too through the back usb port?

peter@g-force.be
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can mod the supplied USB headset and convert them to a 3.5 mm audio jack... I've done this, takes about 15minutes. Use it to connect my HTC Touch to mu Ipod Hifi amp speakers. I can now stream my 20gb music database via upnp and wifi from my Windows Media Center machine to my HTC Touch and Ipod Hifi...

Step one: open the little microphone/answer button casing, have no fear it clicks open when you put a little screwdriver at the side where the volume wheel is. loosen the wires, and take the little board out.

Step two: de-solder the four headphone wires. the solder points are marked so easy enough for later. two ground (-) wires on the one side, two signal (+) wires on the other side. remove the headphone wires.

Step three: enter the cable from your audio jack through the whole in the casing, re-solder the wires. remember base = ground = black cable, middle = white = right signal, top = red = left signal. you only have to use one of the ground solder points because a 3.5 mm audo cable has only three cables.

Step four: test and reassemble carefully. click the cover back on.
Step five: sit back and enjoy!

Hope this helps.
Peter

koolsurdie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can try using a docking device.

http://www.hiptechblog.com/2007/02/2...music-gadgets/

sprecker
Old
(Last edited by sprecker; 5th March 2008 at 04:50 AM.) Reason: content & spelling.
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Another way to rig a 3.5mm stereo connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter@g-force.be View Post
You can mod the supplied USB headset and convert them to a 3.5 mm audio jack... I've done this, takes about 15minutes. Use it to connect my HTC Touch to mu Ipod Hifi amp speakers. I can now stream my 20gb music database via upnp and wifi from my Windows Media Center machine to my HTC Touch and Ipod Hifi...

Step one: open the little microphone/answer button casing, have no fear it clicks open when you put a little screwdriver at the side where the volume wheel is. loosen the wires, and take the little board out.

Step two: de-solder the four headphone wires. the solder points are marked so easy enough for later. two ground (-) wires on the one side, two signal (+) wires on the other side. remove the headphone wires.

Step three: enter the cable from your audio jack through the whole in the casing, re-solder the wires. remember base = ground = black cable, middle = white = right signal, top = red = left signal. you only have to use one of the ground solder points because a 3.5 mm audo cable has only three cables.

Step four: test and reassemble carefully. click the cover back on.
Step five: sit back and enjoy!

Hope this helps.
Peter

Sorry to bump and old thread, being my first post and all. New member long time reader.

You can also just splice the earbud wires if you don't have a soldering iron around or to lazy to do it "properly" ie. Myself . You do lose the earbuds and a little finess but the end product is the same. You also have to heat the wires so the shielding comes off before you can get the signal to pass through the twisted wires (I used a lighter). After that, elect. tape it up. Remembering to shield each group seperately before you seal it all up of course. Plug in desired 3.5mm connection and enjoy.
Took me about 6 min. Mind you my job will hardly have the visual quality of Peter's job. I just didn't have the tools at hand but I did follow his guide.
Thanks Peter.