Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CDMA???!!!

OP tatotato

27th September 2007, 05:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Morrinsville
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
More
I've googled for hours for this. I am looking to get the MSL/'unlock code'/SPC for my CDMA blueangel. I have not found the answer anywhere. Does anyone have any pointers for me in unlocking an HTC CDMA phone?

Any help will be SO greatly appreciated.
27th September 2007, 06:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

79 posts
You can use this app (you need to run the 2003 version of the .exe). It will take your ESN HEX as input (use capital letters) and will produce your MSL (not OTKSL). This app works for all HTC CDMA phones--Harrier (CDMA Blue Angel), Apache, and Titan).

It was created by a guy named isosdcftp over at ppcgeeks.com. Here is a link to the thread in case you're interested (primarily concerns the titan/mogul though):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5531

Also keep in mind some carriers use 000000 for the MSL. If neither that nor the code produced by GetSPC work, then perhaps the particular carrier who sold your phone used their own MSL algorithm (possible but unlikely).
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetSPC.zip - [Click for QR Code] (121.6 KB, 1735 views)
27th September 2007, 09:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Morrinsville

67 posts
More
doesnt work.. I'm with telecom new zealand if that's any help
27th September 2007, 08:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

79 posts
Can you be more specific? Does the app run and produce an invalid MSL or can you not even get the app to run? If you want to PM me with your ESN HEX I will generate it on my end and PM it back to you to confirm.

I have a Sprint-branded Harrier (I'm in the US) and GetSPC spit out the correct MSL for me, but maybe TNZ programs in their own MSL instead of using the HTC default. In that case not much you can do unless you get the phone into DIAG mode and see if bitpim can read it.
27th September 2007, 11:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Morrinsville

67 posts
More
Sorry man. It generates a MSL, but when I go into the pst (##778+talk) I enter it and it barks at me 'Your unlock code is not correct!'. I will pm you with my ESN.

And how would I put it into diag mode? I am fluent with bitpim and linux etc. but I can't figure out how to put it in diag mode.

If there's any more help from anyone it would be VERY greatly appreciated.
27th September 2007, 11:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatotato

Sorry man. It generates a MSL, but when I go into the pst (##778+talk) I enter it and it barks at me 'Your unlock code is not correct!'. I will pm you with my ESN.

And how would I put it into diag mode? I am fluent with bitpim and linux etc. but I can't figure out how to put it in diag mode.

If there's any more help from anyone it would be VERY greatly appreciated.

put the phone in diag mode ##DIAG send or ##3424 + send, then instal serial driver for the new hardware, you can google for the driver, then check the modem com port under modem in Device manager, and set the same com port for Bitpim using other CDMA phones, then check in NVM 000 or 001 and you should see the 6 digits SPC or once you know the virtual serial allocated to modem you may use other tools to check spc

Lets see how it goes,..

bR
27th September 2007, 11:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Morrinsville

67 posts
More
doesn't work, when I go ##DIAG+talk it just calls the number.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread