Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

WPA FIX!

OP Drongo

1st October 2007, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
Here is a fix for the WIFI issue!
Enjoy all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/59123134...a_fix.rar.html

You must copy wzcsvc.dll to your \windows folder
You can't do that in your PDA.
1- Turn-off wifi, then soft-reset your PDA
2- Connect to your PC via activesync
3- Copy wzcsvc.dll from PC to \windows folder of PDA via ActiveSync's explorer.
Original thread:
Removed as per "vagus_ppcw" request!
Last edited by Drongo; 2nd October 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: 100% Credit to vagus_ppcw
1st October 2007, 03:48 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
I tried it and it did not work for me... After aktivating Wifi nothing happened... Maybe cause it is for X51 from Dell not the Universal.
1st October 2007, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
Talking Works 100% for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bihbmw

I tried it and it did not work for me... After aktivating Wifi nothing happened... Maybe cause it is for X51 from Dell not the Universal.

I'm using "WM6PRO Business AKU 0.5 G3 & G4 compatible (update 2)"
WIFI problems all fixed for me now!
Thankyou.
1st October 2007, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drongo

I'm using "WM6PRO Business AKU 0.5 G3 & G4 compatible (update 2)"
WIFI problems all fixed for me now!
Thankyou.

it is version build 18159, not a lastest 18508, and i checked 18159, it is not very stable!
1st October 2007, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Please be smart and get this update for you all Universal users.
Read my first post at ppcw carefully.
Look at your device.exe with sktools. Probably you must sign with another trusted certificate the wzcsvc.dll

This is unsigned module that i extracted from your (Jwrightmcps Crossbow ROM Update 2.02.02 WWE)
http://rapidshare.com/files/59152817...c.dll.rar.html
Maybe you could inject this module for your future releases

Find a way to load it by your device.exe
I signed it with "Sample Privileged Root for Windows Mobile SDK"

and this is signed with "Smartphone 2003 Privileged Test Signing Authority"
http://rapidshare.com/files/59370060...phone.rar.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bihbmw

I tried it and it did not work for me... After aktivating Wifi nothing happened... Maybe cause it is for X51 from Dell not the Universal.

if some of you could use, you must find a way for all
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298

ROM Cookers. Wake up, and do this for Universal users.
I did it for Axim x51v/x50v and hx4700 users. We all suffer same bug: TUrn off/and turn on wifi quickly while looking at "connecting" message
1st October 2007, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
Laurentius26's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,152
 
1010
7,952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005
Donate to Me
wzcsvc,dll
I will certainly have a try

It's a module you are talking about yes, and it exist in SYS\OS of my latest build. I will try to replace and see what happens!

Thank you!

Regards,

Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagus_ppcw

Please be smart and get this update for you all Universal users.
Read my first post at ppcw carefully.
Look at your device.exe with sktools. Probably you must sign with another trusted certificate the wzcsvc.dll

This is unsigned module that i extracted from your (Jwrightmcps Crossbow ROM Update 2.02.02 WWE)
http://rapidshare.com/files/59152817...c.dll.rar.html
Maybe you could inject this module for your future releases

Find a way to load it by your device.exe
I signed it with "Sample Privileged Root for Windows Mobile SDK"

and this is signed with "Smartphone 2003 Privileged Test Signing Authority"
http://rapidshare.com/files/59370060...phone.rar.html



if some of you could use, you must find a way for all
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298

ROM Cookers. Wake up, and do this for Universal users.
I did it for Axim x51v/x50v and hx4700 users. We all suffer same bug: TUrn off/and turn on wifi quickly while looking at "connecting" message

Last edited by Laurentius26; 1st October 2007 at 06:48 PM.
1st October 2007, 06:40 PM   |  #7  
shlomki's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Israel
Thanks Meter: 0
 
423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
vagus, you rock!!!

i couldnt find the post on PPCW though...
1st October 2007, 06:55 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Link is in the first post of Drongoin in this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomki

i couldnt find the post on PPCW though...

I wish him to delete this link in 1-2 days because here is not a wrz site.
Some of you may know who am i, and what i did in the past (if you play chess or play bridge or use gps, etc. etc..)

so give it a try
1st October 2007, 07:11 PM   |  #9  
Laurentius26's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,152
 
1010
7,952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005
Donate to Me
No luck yet with replacing module

WLAN doesn't start at all.

I will flash ROM default again and try to replace dll in windir.

Regards,

Leo
1st October 2007, 07:23 PM   |  #10  
thingonaspring's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 220
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Hi guys,

I've tried the jwrigthchmps module myself yesterday but no luck. Wifi would not connect, even with WEP encryption. I got the same result with a version of the module lifted from Athena.

I'm very interested in this business of signing modules though.
If the module in question is signed to work with the older device.exe in jwrightchmps, is there a way to re-sign it for 5.2.1908's device.exe? Or better still way to tell device.exe to ignore signiatures altogether?
Last edited by thingonaspring; 1st October 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes