OP schaps

12th October 2007, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Nancy
Thanks Meter: 8

1,519 posts
More
Hi everybody!

Sorry for the delay, now I'm back on XDA-Devs forum and I hope to release soon new ROMs. I don't know yet if I missed a lot of new stuffs for our favorite device, so I ask you what you wish for the future Schap's ROMs...
Which build do you prefer? What is the most stable build from the newest ROMs? What are the newest HTC stuffs and OEM soft that I could include? Superstorage? What about other tweaks?
12th October 2007, 04:50 PM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee
Thanks Meter: 610

3,671 posts
Schaps,

Welcome back. I hope your personal issues are now sorted.

From my perspective I prefer a lite but very stable ROM, as light as possible. Every item I then need should be availabe as a cab. That way I get my own "personal" ROM, without things I don't want (eg HTC Home). It also makes it extremely easy to update apps by simply deinstalling the old item and re-installing the latest version.

Shamanix has developed something along these lines using your 354c ROM, if I remember correctly. This has been well received by the forum. I personally have not used it asI have been waiting for your return plus you have now built a reputation for delivering rock solid ROMS, which is my no 1 priority.

I think taking the super/mega lite approach not only gives the user what they want but should cut down on your workload, and a lot of requests for different things within the ROM, all of which should be easily available as a cab.

So in summary I am looking for superlite but extremely stable ROM with your advanced config tool and all the things you would include in a ROM available as cabs, all of which should be fully tested for stability.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

WB

PS: One more thing; you need to offer an alternative way of making donations other than by Paypal. Many of us don't trust Paypal or have had problems with it.
Last edited by wacky.banana; 12th October 2007 at 04:59 PM.
12th October 2007, 05:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 11

186 posts
More
thanks for coming back
Lite, with big storage and max memory atleast 30mb. thats it. very basic things u can cook in. pls use the latest build.
Thanks
12th October 2007, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 0

170 posts
More
Welcome Back!
Just one request - fix the bluetooth issue.
12th October 2007, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 13

166 posts
Hi Schaps and WELCOME back !

I hope all is well with you! We certainly missed you here

What do I need personally?

LITE LITE LITE and MEGA MEGA MEGA

Totally agree with wacky.banana statements. SOLID rom, as LITE as possible, Melted EXT_ROM (unless you think this makes the rom unstable) and all the cabs in the world to load whatever I want at any moment.

Memory leaks is a major problem for me, which steadily lead to a necessary SR. If this can be avoided or minimized to a minimum, this is a major plus IMHO.

Thanks again for all the beatiful roms you have created in the past, and looking VERY much forward to your new one
12th October 2007, 05:16 PM   |  #6  

223 posts
my coments suggessions are same as above
my coments suggessions are same as
================================================== =====
Schaps,

Welcome back. I hope your personal issues are now sorted.

From my perspective I prefer a lite but very stable ROM, as light as possible. Every item I then need should be availabe as a cab. That way I get my own "personal" ROM, without things I don't want (eg HTC Home). It also makes it extremely easy to update apps by simply deinstalling the old item and re-installing the latest version.

Shamanix has developed something along these lines using your 354c ROM, if I remember correctly. This has been well received by the forum. I personally have not used it asI have been waiting for your return plus you have now built a reputation for delivering rock solid ROMS, which is my no 1 priority.

I think taking the super/mega lite approach not only gives the user what they want but should cut down on your workload, and a lot of requests for different things within the ROM, all of which should be easily available as a cab.

So in summary I am looking for superlite but extremely stable ROM with your advanced config tool and all the things you would include in a ROM available as cabs, all of which should be fully tested for stability.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

WB
12th October 2007, 05:16 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cairo, Egypt

288 posts
More
Welcome Back Schap's
Your ROMS are great which differs from many others, the best ROM from you was the 3.6 but it needed some tweeks especially the BT issue, we need to make it a superstore one, good luck we will always back you.
12th October 2007, 05:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Baku

72 posts
DO your best as allways
Make the best ROM, without any bugs, make it with as much more storage as you can and it's possible.
You cook much programms, but some of them not needed.
If it's possible make accept from any you will make one Lite version, that should have the best more free storage.
Last edited by winforall_xda-developers; 12th October 2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
12th October 2007, 05:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag Achaia
Thanks Meter: 75

537 posts
More
I dont know in which build you will end BUT I think you should make a 3.54d Lite because there are some customisations for non English environment which they are made on 3.54 HTC official rom and they don't work on other build, not to mention that 3.54 seems to be the most stable from others.Thanks . Glad you are back and I hope NOT to have other problems EVER.
12th October 2007, 05:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Ponta Grossa
Thanks Meter: 1

327 posts
Smile a new lite edition
hello schaps.. I do like your work! IŽd like u to make a lite edition without WMP... cos I think a few people uses WMP, for ex.. I always use Coreplayer that uses less RAM...
Thanx bro!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread