Athena Project Black Touch Edition by PK 3.0 - AP DUAL 3.0 PREVIEWED-
The Beast has been unleashed!
After about 2 weeks of testing and waiting for ok to release this new build Athena Project Black Touch 3.0 has been unleashed.
Before i discuss whats in the rom i would like to thank everyone for all the donations. I will have my x7500 for 2 weeks now on monday. Now i would also like to introduce cmonex to the Athena Project Team. She is a very known hp modder and will be a great asset to this group especially with her low level modding skills. We would of mentioned me getting my athena before but we needed for more donations to come through as ltxda used his own cash to get cmonex a device. This shows how commited he is to the project. We ask if u enjoy 3.0 that u donate to the athena project so ltxda could recieve the funds back he put into cmonex's device. Again we like to extend a warm welcome to our newest member cmonex.
Now back to 3.0
New build CE OS 5.2.1933(Build 185188.8.131.52)-PK (thanx midget and darkforce)
New build 33.600 Live
Latest Office build
Latest Total Commander
DCI Battery Added
QWERTY Memory Added
streaming media updated to 807.715
audio mananger updated to 816.716
date is the only plugin that shows up on first boot after customizations
fixed volume up key in audio mananger bc was too low.
fixed seek/status bar in audio mananger bc piece hung off it.
new welcomeheads added
new splashscreens added
realvga media player fix latest added in
extra tsks and ringtones removed(only ring-windowsmobile left but more ringtone options in addons rar)
PK Addons 1(vncview, smsnotifier, putty, nbstatce, MobileSecretary, mccMobileFinder, file dialog changer) added into rom
Opera 8.65 Build 2211 added into rom
VJCandela added into rom
Adobe Reader added into rom
HTC Intellipad(T9 pad) added into rom
Sprite Backup added into rom
TCPMP added into rom
JetCet Printit added into rom
Most apps are the latest ones and are very stable.
No more radio included.
We promised we would also have ext rom unlocked but at this time we cannot have this in the rom or released to the public yet. we might in the near future.
Addons RAR includes:
extra codecs for tcpmp
PK 3.0 Sounds(collection of great ringtones and sounds for txt incoming etc..)
My own custom audio mananger skin(see pic to see how it looks. i believe we are also first to make a new skin and it looks great in vga and this rom)
HTC HOME CUSTOMIZER by emunutz
HTC Home plugin for 96dpi(the one i use and downloaded from emunutz's site)
Remove X-Black branding on home screen
Shantz Today Changer 1.52
Task Mananger 2.0.30470 for those who still like htc x button
Temporary solution for comm mananger in 128 and 96 dpis. isnt full screen but is more usuable than stock and is from touch dual.
pRSSReader 1.3.3 VGA
Tips/Updates (by ltxda):
- Save As enhancement. Go to Settings, System, select File Dialog Changer and check "Exchange Standard File Dialog". This changes out the standard Save As window and provides an enhancement where you can choose any folder/subfolder on your device and navigate the structure when trying to save files from any source.
- Battery/Memory indicators at top of screen. Each bar is started by its own file in the Startup folder. The "qwertyMemory.lnk" file runs the Memory indicator and can be disabled by deleting or moving this file out of the StartUp folder. The "dciBattery.lnk" file runs the Battery indicator which is the top bar and can be disabled by deleting or moving this file out of the StartUp folder.
- FingerTouch Keyboard: By default keyboard option 5 is selected. If you prefer QWERTY go into the input options and change the default keyboard layout.
- Messenger Mobile: The issues previously reported by other users and noticed by myself seems to have been "fixed". The MSN network sucks BUT Messenger Mobile seems to be dealing with connection drops and synching of contacts better than in previous versions/releases.
- Today Screen: All/default plugs have been deactivated. Just go to Settings, Personal, Today and go to the Items tab to reactivate what you want.
- Reminders: I'm annoyed by the constant reminder notifications after the initial notice. To disable this annoyance go to Settings, Personal, Sounds & Notifications, Notifications tab, select Reminders from the drop down and uncheck "Repeat". Not sure if this bothers anyone else but it really annoyed me and I've seen a couple of posts asking how to disable this.
- wkTask: Two nice features...of course they are in the manual...to get back to Today screen from any program....click-hold the area where the X typically is and drag left. This takes you right back to the Today screen. To minimize the current app, click-hold the X area and drag down. Very useful little program that has replaced Magic Button for me. Also allows per app control. Thanks Hirad for the recommendation! Also, This resides in the area where the X typically sits to close programs, etc. Start wkTask from Programs, click and hold the "X" area and go into preferences for wkTask. Make sure it's set to autostart by going to Startup tab and clicking the corresponding button. This is a great task manager.
- Vijay555's VJCandela: It's been reported on other threads that prolonged activation of the flash light LED may cause it to burn out so use at your own risk. I have used it without problems. Comes in very handy. Also great for blinding your enemies before an attack! ;-p
- Audio Mananger skin can be installed by taking the files out of the rar in the addons and copying into your Windows folder overwriting previous files.
- To get the look show above for htc home, please install htc home customizer and select alien ice clock, iphone-alt icons, transparent background, and stardock weather icons.
- HTC Home customizer that is in the addons has a problem where once u install it it'll look to download the cab for htc home but errors out with error "Plugin Not Found. Plugin was not installed. Please report this error." We included in the addons the cab for htchome found on emunutz's site. please install this cab first then start up the customizer.
- (added 10/29/07) to change default layout of teksoft's fingertouch please so to start/settings/input and click on options. change defaultkb to the option u usually use(1 for me).
To Upgrade (by ltxda):
- You agree that you do so at your own risk with absolutely no liability resting with xda-developers nor the maker of this fine ROM! And to be 100% clear, if you screw up your device it's YOUR FAULT. If you don't agree don't touch. ;)
- Unlock phone using OliPro's unlocker.
- Install ROM...
- Enjoy and report any bugs.
Links and More Screenshots in post 2
HTC Athena X7500:
Rom: AP 4.0 Platinum
CE OS 5.2.19202 (Build 19184.108.40.206)
Proud Polaris,Athena,and Shift Project Member and head cook
Donate to the athena project HERE
Donate to the shift project HERE