STUCK- 2.05 bootloader from vzw aku 3.3 upgrade

OP cyberfreak95

23rd October 2007, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
More
I wanted to check out the new vzw 3.3 rom so i made the mistake of flashing it before I knew everything it changed. Now I have the 2.05 bootloader and I'm stuck.

I have seen some posts where people have successfully downgraded their bootloader so they can use the WM6 builds here. Can someone please share those steps?

I have the 2.05 bootloader and the only image that will work is the stock verizon one. I did see something about the reason it doesn't work had to do with them re-sizing the partitions on the phone, but no more detail than that.

Is it as simple as getting a copy of the older bootloader from a previous update and re-flashing over the 2.05?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
31st October 2007, 02:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Oh, no. I was just logging on to see how I can install WM6 again b/c I'm bored with the stable WM5 AKU 3.3 I got over the weekend! Looks like I'll be in the same boat. How can you tell what bootloader version you have?

Eagerly following your thread. . .
1st November 2007, 04:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Portland, OR

44 posts
More
Go here and follow the directions for back revving your bootloader.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=1

Then use verizonguy's wm6 kitchen to build yourself a WM6 ROM.
1st November 2007, 04:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Portland, OR

44 posts
More
oh, and if you used vzw's aku 3.3 update you have the 2.05 bootloader. the only way I know of to tell what version of bootloader you have is to enter bootloader mode by pressing power, record, reset. You will need a utility from the ppc geeks website to get out of BL mode so be aware of that.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread