Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For the people working at HTC

Tip us?

RPG0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry For the people working at HTC

Please please recompile stuff for the new processor, ask Qualcomm for sdk / libraries, do something, damn it !

I have a PDA i use in my car only for GPS nav (MIO P350 - 400MHz Samsung) and it plays movies better, not only speed (benchmark on same movie 172% vs 142% on the Kaiser with the EXACT same settings) but also less tearing in landscape mode. Oh, and the price was 3 times lower (i know, i know, GSM, hardware keyboard, etc, etc. but the Kaiser is supposed to be THE BEST THING EVER, with a new generation processor... crap)

Again, please release a new ROM that does justice to the processor, or stop marketing crap...
- HTC Prophet - HTC TyTN II - Toshiba G900 - Nokia E71 - iPhone 2G - Nokia 5800XM -
- G1 - G2 - Iphone 3GS - Iphone 4 - HTC One X

kaiserppc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You do have a choice to buy other brands... ??

I personally find the Kaiser great just about any way. Yes there are components that could have been better. There's no doubt about it. But to call HTC product crap? That's just too much.

RPG0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
All i'm saying is that the processor has a lot more to offer, and on paper it's great, but the way HTC released the Kaiser it's like buying a super-computer, the best on the market, and you run things on it without drivers (you know how Windows runs / looks without video drivers)
- HTC Prophet - HTC TyTN II - Toshiba G900 - Nokia E71 - iPhone 2G - Nokia 5800XM -

Shen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sure it will get better over time while they work out the kinks. The Danish version was released without World Card Mobile, but they are aware of that and will post an update on the eclub forum when its ready.

I'm quite satisfied with my TyTN II.

RPG0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm coming back to this: The DirectDraw samples coming with Windows Mobile SDK don't even work !!! What are you smoking, HTC ? Give us proper drivers !

About the "crap" earlier: the "product" is crap, the parts it contains are some good, some very good and some(software) crap.

In this case the weakest link kinda ruins it for me...

jcb_home
Old
(Last edited by jcb_home; 24th October 2007 at 06:45 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG0 View Post
I'm coming back to this: The DirectDraw samples coming with Windows Mobile SDK don't even work !!! What are you smoking, HTC ? Give us proper drivers !

About the "crap" earlier: the "product" is crap, the parts it contains are some good, some very good and some(software) crap.

Then get rid of it. I am sure you can sell it on eBay for what you paid for it. I think it's the best thing on the market right now
JCB Home
Apple iPhone 4S - JB / IOS 5.1.1
Moto Xoom WiFi - Android 4.1.1
Google Nexus 10 - Andoird 4.2.1

juiceppc
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG0 View Post

I agree with you. It seems my Wizard OMAP 850(overclocked to 247) plays my 384kbps .wmv files better than my Kaiser... Shame. If by "tearing" you mean that the top half and bottom half of the vids skew sometimes when playing I also get that. Although I am not a expert I would say that the proc seems like it could be better optimized. Hopefully this will come about in future ROM upgrades. You can't blame HTC for wanting to capitalize on this. I mean people DID buy the crap out of it. They just better not leave us hanging. I hear the iMate Ultimates with the 500mhz proc fly.

RPG0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceppc View Post
I agree with you. It seems my Wizard OMAP 850(overclocked to 247) plays my 384kbps .wmv files better than my Kaiser... Shame. If by "tearing" you mean that the top half and bottom half of the vids skew sometimes when playing I also get that. Although I am not a expert I would say that the proc seems like it could be better optimized. Hopefully this will come about in future ROM upgrades. You can't blame HTC for wanting to capitalize on this. I mean people DID buy the crap out of it. They just better not leave us hanging. I hear the iMate Ultimates with the 500mhz proc fly.
Finally, someone who used windows mobile devices before and knows what it's all about.

About selling: like i said, it's like buying a good computer but not having good drivers for the hardware... why sell a good piece of hardware ? Ask the vendor for good drivers !

eaglesrest
Old
Thanks Meter 0
been using pda's for years inc original ce versions, and couldnt disagree with you more.

this device is awesome!
Device: Orange Touch HD
ROM: L26_THDV7.0_WWE

gadgetluva
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
been using pda's for years inc original ce versions, and couldnt disagree with you more.

this device is awesome!
I agree, by now these devices should be easily able to outperform lesser devices. However, HTC hasn't done many tweaks to the underlying OS to make it a better user experience besides adding touchflo. Look at how well and fast the Treo 750 or 700wx run and all of the user enhancements.