Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 40,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I get the HTC Home weather for my city?

Tip us?

VTX
Old
(Last edited by VTX; 25th October 2007 at 02:12 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How can I get the HTC Home weather for my city?

I've already done searches for this, but I just haven't found a simple answer for a newbie like me.

What I want is to keep the weather in the tab like it is on the stock HTC home, but I want to be able to choose my city by zip code. I'd also like to be able to get radar images.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Also, it would be really cool if there was an option to have it show weather based on your GPS location.

Thanks!

Doug2873
Old
Thanks Meter 0
theres no "newbie" way...you have to get the file from your phone's "Windows" folder (using file explorer), get it on a real computer, and edit the file using notepad...just copy the format already there for your city, save it, and put it back where you found it in the windows folder...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

Once again, a person who isnt looking hard enough in the forums...
HTC 3125-->AT&T 8925/Tilt-->BB Bold 9000(yuck)-->Samsung Captivate-->BB Torch (yuck)-->Motorola Atrix-->Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Put this under your sig if you know someone who is fighting, survived, or died of cancer.

d00mz
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2873 View Post
theres no "newbie" way...you have to get the file from your phone's "Windows" folder (using file explorer), get it on a real computer, and edit the file using notepad...just copy the format already there for your city, save it, and put it back where you found it in the windows folder...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

In all fairness, the search function on this site sucks. I've resorted to using google to search "forum.xda-developers.com" under advanced search.

VTX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2873 View Post

Hey thanks for the link.

But, what I would REALLY like, that I haven't seen posted yet, is instead of having to input a city is if the weather would just update based on GPS location. Is anyone working on this? Or is there currently an available modification to the HTC home weather for this? I think that would be the cat's ass.

Thanks again!

TweakMyDevice
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ome+customizer

bpapa9013
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why you think a cat's ass is a good thing is beyond me...

I live with four cats and I avoid their asses as much as possible!