Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How can I get the HTC Home weather for my city?

OP VTX

25th October 2007, 03:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I've already done searches for this, but I just haven't found a simple answer for a newbie like me.

What I want is to keep the weather in the tab like it is on the stock HTC home, but I want to be able to choose my city by zip code. I'd also like to be able to get radar images.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Also, it would be really cool if there was an option to have it show weather based on your GPS location.

Thanks!
Last edited by VTX; 25th October 2007 at 03:12 AM.
25th October 2007, 04:50 AM   |  #2  

298 posts
More
theres no "newbie" way...you have to get the file from your phone's "Windows" folder (using file explorer), get it on a real computer, and edit the file using notepad...just copy the format already there for your city, save it, and put it back where you found it in the windows folder...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

Once again, a person who isnt looking hard enough in the forums...
25th October 2007, 05:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 22

296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2873

theres no "newbie" way...you have to get the file from your phone's "Windows" folder (using file explorer), get it on a real computer, and edit the file using notepad...just copy the format already there for your city, save it, and put it back where you found it in the windows folder...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

In all fairness, the search function on this site sucks. I've resorted to using google to search "forum.xda-developers.com" under advanced search.
25th October 2007, 03:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2873

Hey thanks for the link.

But, what I would REALLY like, that I haven't seen posted yet, is instead of having to input a city is if the weather would just update based on GPS location. Is anyone working on this? Or is there currently an available modification to the HTC home weather for this? I think that would be the cat's ass.

Thanks again!
25th October 2007, 07:15 PM   |  #5  
Asheville NC
Thanks Meter: 7

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ome+customizer
7th May 2008, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lawrence

117 posts
More
Why you think a cat's ass is a good thing is beyond me...

I live with four cats and I avoid their asses as much as possible!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread