Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wing earbuds design faulty? one side is shorter then other!

Tip us?

coolmen777
Old
(Last edited by coolmen777; 16th November 2007 at 04:10 PM.) Reason: error
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Wing earbuds design faulty? one side is shorter then other!

Hello everyone
I got my Wing couple weeks ago, but I just got to testing the headset/earbuds that came with it. Anyways, when I opened them, it looks like one string of an earbud is shorter then the other. So the middle piece with volume control on it is not centered in the middle, which is very uncomfortable. I didn't find any way to adjust it. Anyone else has the same problem, or am I on the only one with "faulty" earbuds? Please respond. I purchased online through Business Services on a current deal. If I take it to T-Mobile store, will they replace? Thanks a lot.

wordizbond007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It really is a crappy design flaw but thats the way they come. With the weight of the volume control on one side of the headphones, that side tends to fall out of my ear. Really sorry design on they're part.

I'd say go with the bluetooth stereo headsets. The sound quality is better and you dont have to worry about the faulty wires being in the way. I invested in one the other day and come to find out other than listening to music, they also pick up calls. You can find good deals on ebay.

coolmen777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordizbond007 View Post
It really is a crappy design flaw but thats the way they come. With the weight of the volume control on one side of the headphones, that side tends to fall out of my ear. Really sorry design on they're part.

I'd say go with the bluetooth stereo headsets. The sound quality is better and you dont have to worry about the faulty wires being in the way. I invested in one the other day and come to find out other than listening to music, they also pick up calls. You can find good deals on ebay.
Thanks for the explanation. Can you tell me which ones you got? Just currious!

wordizbond007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The ones I picked up are made by Motorola. Check the ones I bought on this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MOTOROLA-HT8...QQcmdZViewItem

There's also a few diferent types to choose from. Just do a search for Bluetooth Stereo Headsets and you'll see.

genaldar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You do realize most headphones are like this now, just grab a set of ipod headphones and you'll know what I mean.

coolmen777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaldar View Post
You do realize most headphones are like this now, just grab a set of ipod headphones and you'll know what I mean.
That sucks! Whoever came up with this idea should be forced to wear these headphones for the rest of their life!

genaldar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmen777 View Post
That sucks! Whoever came up with this idea should be forced to wear these headphones for the rest of their life!
I agree completely. It's always felt awkward to me.

systematic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmen777 View Post
Hello everyone
I got my Wing couple weeks ago, but I just got to testing the headset/earbuds that came with it. Anyways, when I opened them, it looks like one string of an earbud is shorter then the other. So the middle piece with volume control on it is not centered in the middle, which is very uncomfortable. I didn't find any way to adjust it. Anyone else has the same problem, or am I on the only one with "faulty" earbuds? Please respond. I purchased online through Business Services on a current deal. If I take it to T-Mobile store, will they replace? Thanks a lot.
the longer one is supposed to go around the back of your neck... bet bluetooth is way better i like these ones because you can use any 3.5mm headphones you like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Stereo-Black...QQcmdZViewItem

coolmen777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by systematic View Post
the longer one is supposed to go around the back of your neck... bet bluetooth is way better i like these ones because you can use any 3.5mm headphones you like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Stereo-Black...QQcmdZViewItem
Can you just give us the model number? Or possibly a valid item# for the once you like? Link is not working (item removed). Thanks...

systematic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The model number is BCK-08. they have a bunch of 'em listed