[MODULE] Nexus Assistant

Search This thread

GhOstY93

Jan 12, 2011
Aarhus
How soon? I'd like to try the assistant and I was thinking of doing the build.prop modification, but now that I saw this thread maybe I'll rather wait for this module.

Edit: Sweet module. Love it, worked as expected.

Last edited:

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Make sure you're on a Google app version higher than 6.5.35.21. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-search/google-search-6-6-14-release/

Magisk Manager doesn't like cache mods so you have to flash in recovery. Make sure you wipe data for Google App after flashing.

This only sets the two build. prop variables. I didn't include any Google app apks or wipe data for Google app. You'll have to do that yourself.

Last edited:

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Make sure you're on a Google app version higher than 6.5.35.21. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-search/google-search-6-6-14-release/

Magisk Manager doesn't like cache mods so you have to flash in recovery. Make sure you wipe data for Google App after flashing.

This only sets the two build. prop variables. I didn't include any Google app apks or wipe data for Google app. You'll have to do that yourself.

Will this be a magisk module still? Can it be undone easily?

Flashed in TWRP on Nexus 6, no /cache/magisk was created and neither the properties have changed:
Code:
$ adb shell
shamu:/ $ getprop ro.product.model
Nexus 6
shamu:/ $ getprop ro.opa.eligible_device

shamu:/ $
Did it work on Nexus 6p?

Last edited:

Papote3

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel Fold

This worked for me, thanks so much. Was wating for a way to do this in magisk

Flashed the file in twrp, rebooted, wiped all google app data, long pressed home and there it was. "ok google" command working great

My setup:
Nexus 6P
Stock NBD90X
Magisk v7
Magisk phh
Magisk V4A

shinobi26

Feb 4, 2009
This worked for me, thanks so much. Was wating for a way to do this in magisk

Flashed the file in twrp, rebooted, wiped all google app data, long pressed home and there it was. "ok google" command working great

My setup:
Nexus 6P
Stock NBD90X
Magisk v7
Magisk phh
Magisk V4A

Are you able to Download+Install modules through the Magisk Manager Downloads section? I'm on NBD90x with Magisk v7, Nexus 6P, Magisk phh, Magisk Manager 2, and I get an error for every module I try to install through the manager. If I could get at the zips and just flash them that would be awesome, but I can't.

Papote3

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel Fold
Are you able to Download+Install modules through the Magisk Manager Downloads section? I'm on NBD90x with Magisk v7, Nexus 6P, Magisk phh, Magisk Manager 2, and I get an error for every module I try to install through the manager. If I could get at the zips and just flash them that would be awesome, but I can't.
Yes I can download, install and reboot from the manager. But this mod needs to be flashed in recovery FYI.
Try and flash them from recovery. There's a folder where magisk manager downloads the zip files. It's in the root of the SD and I think its named magiskmanager

shinobi26

Feb 4, 2009
Yes I can download, install and reboot from the manager. But this mod needs to be flashed in recovery FYI.
Try and flash them from recovery. There's a folder where magisk manager downloads the zip files. It's in the root of the SD and I think its named magiskmanager

Yes, there is. Unfortunately immediately after the zips are downloaded, when the install fails, it removes the zip and I can't get at it. I've gone completely back to full stock NBD90X and installed everything, gone into Magisk Manager and am still unable to install any of the modules from there. It's so frustrating, haha.

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Yes, there is. Unfortunately immediately after the zips are downloaded, when the install fails, it removes the zip and I can't get at it. I've gone completely back to full stock NBD90X and installed everything, gone into Magisk Manager and am still unable to install any of the modules from there. It's so frustrating, haha.

Does magisk manager have storage permission?

TAM1m

May 25, 2009
If there's any Nexus 6 (so far the only arm and not arm64 phone to get Nougat, right?) owner who have this module or any other cache-module working, please post here. I suspect something cache-module related is broken on the arm phone(s).

You could try my mod. Instead of replacing the whole buld.prop file it just adds the two properties
Code:
ro.product.model=Pixel
ro.opa.eligible_device=true
to it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention it's still a cache mod so let me know how it works out.
And remember you need to flash it via recovery. Magisk Manager won't install it correctly.

Edit2:
As you can see below, loserskater already posted the same thing in post 3.
So yeah ...

Attachments

• GoogleAssistantMagisk.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
You could try my mod. Instead of replacing the whole buld.prop file it just adds the two properties
Code:
ro.product.model=Pixel
ro.opa.eligible_device=true
to it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention it's still a cache mod so let me know how it works out.
And remember you need to flash it via recovery. Magisk Manager won't install it correctly.

This is exactly like my module in post 3 of this thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts