[ROM] [6.0.1] MIUI 8 (multiple editions)

Search This thread

darkjedi

Jun 7, 2005
Denver
MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3

XBMUxHy.png

Since the OP from this post is no longer active, I've decided to create a new thread. There are currently 9 different MIUI 8 builds for the OP3. Below is a description of each, where to download them, and potential bugs.

Please read this entire post.

MIUI 8 by Wuxianlin.
There is 2 MIUI 8 ROM that develop by him, they are:
MIUI 8 Port from Xiaomi Mi5.
Has a MIUI camera. Doesn't include many features that the Chinese developer ROM includes. Definitely stable. Last build is "miui_OnePlus3_6.9.8_20160909_6.0.zip". You can find it here.
MIUI 8 Patchrom version (Base on HydrogenOS).
There are couple of features not working and bugs. No VoLTE on T-Mobile US (though some Jio users say it works), but it has Stock Camera and it seems to be fully working. Requires firmware 3.2.7 to work. Last build is "miui_A3000_wxl_6.11.1__6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI by Ry09iu
Based on H2OS 2.5. Has MIUI camera and OOS camera. NO VoLTE, but everything seems to be working on build 6.11.1, but of course...YMMV. Requires firmware 3.2.7 to work Last build is "miui_oneplus3_6.11.1_z706hv8mhe_6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI by X_s
Looks to be based on H2OS 2.0. I'm not running this ROM, so I can't say the features of it, has been modded by @mivv to add Google services, but my guess is it's similar to Wux and Ry09iu's builds. But with them all being Chinese, it's anyone's guess. Last build is "miui_oneplus3_xs_16.11.2_6.0_google.zip" You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by 130 ***** 149.
There are two MIUI 8 ROMs as well, they are:
Is based on MIUI Chinese developer ROM. Updates seemed to have stopped from this dev, so I don't recommend this build unless you absolutely need VoLTE. Only has the OP3 camera, and has issues with the flash while taking pictures. Latest build is "miui-oneplus3-6.10.8-6.0.zip". You can find it here.
MIUI 8 Patchrom version.
Uses CM as a base, so any CM bugs that exist, will exist here. Doesn't have VoLTE in the settings, but some users say it still works. Has both MIUI and CM cameras. Last build is "op3-6.10.8-6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by ycjeson.
I haven't tested this ROM personally, so ymmv. Latest build is "OnePlus3_MIUI8_16.9.5@ycjeson.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by erv99 (XDA).
MIUI 8 base on Wuxianlin's Mi5 port and modded it into xiaomi.eu ROM. Has multilanguages and GAPPS preinstalled. Latest build is "MIUI.6.10.20..zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by laomms (XDA).
MIUI 8 base on ycjeson's build and adds all Global MIUI Languages. I have never tested this ROM personally. Latest build is "OnePlus3_MIUI8_16.9.5 multilanguage". You can find it here.

Thanks to @tomhtg90 for providing the summary of MIUI builds.

Prerequisites:
- Root:
You need to have root access on your Oneplus 3 to flash MIUI V8.
- Battery:
Charge your OnePlus3 85% so that you wont encounter any battery related problems while updating it.
- Unlocked bootloader:
You must have a unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 3 to flash this rom.
- Recovery:
You need a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device.

How to flash:
- Download MIUI v8 for OnePlus 3 and place it in a folder which can be easily accessible on device internal storage.
- Reboot into TWRP using button combination and make a nandroid backup. (Optional)
- Wipe cache, system and data partitions.
- Click on install and select MIUI v8 rom zip file and flash it.

How to install GApps:
Google apps installer v2 (apk):
http://xiaomitips.com/download/google-installer-app/
(Create Google account, reboot, remove Google account, reboot, create Google account again) thanks @kickassdave

Tweaks and Tips:
- Xposed for MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-miui-t3367634
- Module for Xposed and MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/xmiui-xposed-module-miui-7-tweaking-t3394130
- SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu-stable

I will do my best to keep this thread updated. Read the entire post before asking questions. Do not ask whether there are bugs, links to the latest build or any other questions that can easily be answered by reading. Asking for mirrors is ok, if you've read the thread first.
Read the thread, it has VALUABLE information listed, that isn't in the OP. Do not ask a question until you read the thread! :)

Lastly, Do not quote the OP!

Last edited:

erv99

May 3, 2005
Nice job mate.
I Hope this make clear from confusing about Port Miui rom for XDA members

psxsnake

Jul 6, 2004
Milan
thanks for report
bug edit picture seem come from ROM miui.eu, so I have resolved this by replace some file take from other ROM miui
just download file attachment, then you have to extract and copy manually, using app like es file explorer:
1. extract the attachment there is 2 folder, and copy each to system as folder name it
2. from Folder MiuiGallery copy and replace to system\priv-app\MiuiGallery
3. From Folder lib64 (contain 7 files) copy and replace to system\lib64
4. Dont forget to change property just like previous file e.g MiuiGallery.apk -rwxr-r- do with others file in folder lib64
5. if you done, just restart OP3. so edit gallery should be working now
I will update this fix to new build or update my ROM.

I tried but i have no space left on device /system for libPinguoImageSDK.so 7336912 (df system total 1678272 used 1661888)

what i could delete to have this space?

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
which one of these is the most stable? can anyone tell :)

I tried:

MIUI 8 by Wuxianlin.
Has a MIUI camera. Doesn't include many features that the Chinese developer ROM includes. Definitely stable. Last build is "miui_OnePlus3_6.9.8_20160909_6.0.zip".

and

MIUI 8 by erv99 (XDA).
MIUI 8 base on Wuxianlin's Mi5 port and modded it into xiaomi.eu ROM. Has multilanguages and GAPPS preinstalled. Last build is "MIUI.6.9.29.Global-Rev1.zip"

both are stable for everyday use
Personally, I prefer erv's rom because it is based on xiaomi.eu roms = debloated & translated chinese betas with play services preinstalled

tomhtg90

Feb 18, 2013
Yogyakarta
I flashed it but i have Find error, have you a solution?

Here is what i do :
1. Flash SuperSU first on TWRP
2. Download EX Kernel Manager (EXKM) on Play Store
3. Run EXKM and make sure EXKM have root access.
4. Press or swipe to right on top left corner menu and press ElementalX
5. Change to OxygenOS and wait while refreshing
6. Press on "Click to download" and wait while it download.
7. If i'm not wrong, your device will reboot and flash via recovery by it self
8. Done.

Be careful. Make sure you have a backup.

Reactions: djeresia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3

XBMUxHy.png

Since the OP from this post is no longer active, I've decided to create a new thread. There are currently 9 different MIUI 8 builds for the OP3. Below is a description of each, where to download them, and potential bugs.

Please read this entire post.

MIUI 8 by Wuxianlin.
    Has a MIUI camera. Doesn't include many features that the Chinese developer ROM includes. Definitely stable. Last build is "miui_OnePlus3_6.9.8_20160909_6.0.zip". You can find it here.
    MIUI 8 Patchrom version (Base on HydrogenOS).
    There are couple of features not working and bugs. No VoLTE on T-Mobile US (though some Jio users say it works), but it has Stock Camera and it seems to be fully working. Requires firmware 3.2.7 to work. Last build is "miui_A3000_wxl_6.11.1__6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI by Ry09iu
    Based on H2OS 2.5. Has MIUI camera and OOS camera. NO VoLTE, but everything seems to be working on build 6.11.1, but of course...YMMV. Requires firmware 3.2.7 to work Last build is "miui_oneplus3_6.11.1_z706hv8mhe_6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI by X_s
    Looks to be based on H2OS 2.0. I'm not running this ROM, so I can't say the features of it, has been modded by @mivv to add Google services, but my guess is it's similar to Wux and Ry09iu's builds. But with them all being Chinese, it's anyone's guess. Last build is "miui_oneplus3_xs_16.11.2_6.0_google.zip" You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by 130 ***** 149.
    There are two MIUI 8 ROMs as well, they are:
    Is based on MIUI Chinese developer ROM. Updates seemed to have stopped from this dev, so I don't recommend this build unless you absolutely need VoLTE. Only has the OP3 camera, and has issues with the flash while taking pictures. Latest build is "miui-oneplus3-6.10.8-6.0.zip". You can find it here.
    MIUI 8 Patchrom version.
    Uses CM as a base, so any CM bugs that exist, will exist here. Doesn't have VoLTE in the settings, but some users say it still works. Has both MIUI and CM cameras. Last build is "op3-6.10.8-6.0.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by ycjeson.
    I haven't tested this ROM personally, so ymmv. Latest build is "OnePlus3_MIUI8_16.9.5@ycjeson.zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by erv99 (XDA).
    MIUI 8 base on Wuxianlin's Mi5 port and modded it into xiaomi.eu ROM. Has multilanguages and GAPPS preinstalled. Latest build is "MIUI.6.10.20..zip". You can find it here.

MIUI 8 by laomms (XDA).
    MIUI 8 base on ycjeson's build and adds all Global MIUI Languages. I have never tested this ROM personally. Latest build is "OnePlus3_MIUI8_16.9.5 multilanguage". You can find it here.

Thanks to @tomhtg90 for providing the summary of MIUI builds.

Prerequisites:
    - Root:
    You need to have root access on your Oneplus 3 to flash MIUI V8.
    - Battery:
    Charge your OnePlus3 85% so that you wont encounter any battery related problems while updating it.
    - Unlocked bootloader:
    You must have a unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 3 to flash this rom.
    - Recovery:
    You need a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device.

How to flash:
    - Download MIUI v8 for OnePlus 3 and place it in a folder which can be easily accessible on device internal storage.
    - Reboot into TWRP using button combination and make a nandroid backup. (Optional)
    - Wipe cache, system and data partitions.
    - Click on install and select MIUI v8 rom zip file and flash it.

How to install GApps:
    Google apps installer v2 (apk):
    http://xiaomitips.com/download/google-installer-app/
    (Create Google account, reboot, remove Google account, reboot, create Google account again) thanks @kickassdave

Tweaks and Tips:
    - Xposed for MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-miui-t3367634
    - Module for Xposed and MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/xmiui-xposed-module-miui-7-tweaking-t3394130
    - SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu-stable

I will do my best to keep this thread updated. Read the entire post before asking questions. Do not ask whether there are bugs, links to the latest build or any other questions that can easily be answered by reading. Asking for mirrors is ok, if you've read the thread first.
    Read the thread, it has VALUABLE information listed, that isn't in the OP. Do not ask a question until you read the thread! :)

Lastly, Do not quote the OP!
    Update MIUI.6.10.20:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyU8uo_aVO5RHlKUjk0Tmwtd1E/view?usp=sharing
    Changelog:
    - Improved system stability and performance (official miui.eu)
    - Now with Aroma Installer
    - Themes from China instead Global, give more choices

Happy flashing!
    UPDATE Miui 8.1.1.0

-multilang
    -root fixed
    -google service preinstalled
    -notif slider preinstalled
    -footej camera
    -xposed supporto
    -etc
    NOTE: this build is based on stable build by xiaomy.eu so dont expect weekly updates

Link: http://d-h.st/bLCB
    To XDA members,

Due to to my work is overwhelming there is no more time for me to update and support for any bug repported.
    There still other developer build a new and update for MIUI in the future.
    Thanks

You can check this link:
    http://www.oneplusbbs.com/thread-2986294-1-1.html
    update miui.6.10.13 Global (miui.eu):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyU8uo_aVO5Y3NtZnl1amR6Nm8/view?usp=sharing

CHANGELOG (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-10-13.35585/)

Home screen
    Fix - Part of UI for deleting apps wasn't visible on light backgrounds (10-11)

Camera
    Fix - Face frame appeared when recording video in some cases (10-11)

Settings
    Optimization - Set start and end time for Read mode even when it's off (10-10)
    Optimization - Separate App lock from Privacy protection password (10-12)
    Fix - Music could be activated only in the Settings in some cases (10-11)

Calendar
    Optimization - Bigger fonts in month view (10-11)
    Optimization - Holidays are marked in a more obvious way in the month view (10-11)

Notes
    Optimization - A switch in the settings for showing only quick notes (10-11)

Security
    New - Added automated tasks in Security (10-11)