How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool 4.1

OP thisguyinoc

30th November 2007, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, I think this one is gonna need a sticky. I got sick of having to type in all of the shortcuts in the registry editor to change the cube, so I wrote this little spiffy app. It allows you to customize the 2 sides of the cube with shortcuts. Just make sure you know what you are doing as far as what can go where. Enjoy!

Version 1.1 - I got tired of waiting for the file browser to refresh everytime. Now you only have to wait for the first time, after that it is cached.

Version 1.2 - Added IconPress to the 6-App Side, and IconPlaying, IconPlayingPress, and IconPress to the 3-App side.

Version 2.0 - Added param for 6-App Side and 3-App Side. Added links to animation files. Added GUI for app selection for 3-App side and 6-App side.

Version 2.1 - Squashed the bugs that were coming up. Sorry I didn't test it enough before releasing.

Version 3.0 - Now supports multiple 6-App sides (See Polen's Vista Cube)!! Added reset to defaults. Automatic shortcut selector or browse for apps. Fixed the bug where the Program Files directory wasn't showing up in the Browse tree.

Version 4.0 - Added support for the iCube , animation configuring for newly added sides, export settings to .reg file, and icon image preview*.

*The icon image preview must be set up correctly to work. It all depends on the naming convention used. Polen's icon packs work with the preview. Since the .brn files cannot be rendered, a .bmp file must be placed in the directory with the .brn having the same filename or following Polen's naming convention (ex. ie.bmp -> ie_top.brn, ie_top_press.brn).

I tried testing it with the stock cube, Polen's 6 sided cube, and the iCube, but may not have caught everything, so if you find a bug, let me know!

SORRY!!! I left out a file from the .cab, it's all fixed now! Enjoy!

Version 4.1 - Fixed a bug in the export settings and the Save button was getting disabled.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/79573356/CubeConfig4.1.zip

If you guys have anymore suggestions, let me know.

Cheers!

Last edited by thisguyinoc; 29th December 2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: New version 4.1
30th November 2007, 05:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc

Ok, I think this one is gonna need a sticky. I got sick of having to type in all of the shortcuts in the registry editor to change the cube, so I wrote this little spiffy app. It allows you to customize the 2 sides of the cube with shortcuts. Just make sure you know what you are doing as far as what can go where. Cheers!

http://rapidshare.com/files/73227261/CubeConfig.zip

Thanks for the App, works great.
30th November 2007, 07:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

222 posts
difference between this and touch settings???

ok one question

when i make Icons. I save them as a BMP 24 bit, then i can just BMP to BRN and it will work?
30th November 2007, 07:40 AM   |  #4  

222 posts
also you just install CAB and go. Do you have to stop any processes before going. I guess i wont wait for Touch settings. This looks like it will work great???

just need to know if i need different icon sizes for the 3X2 and Media Hub????
30th November 2007, 01:41 PM   |  #5  

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc

Ok, I think this one is gonna need a sticky. I got sick of having to type in all of the shortcuts in the registry editor to change the cube, so I wrote this little spiffy app. It allows you to customize the 2 sides of the cube with shortcuts. Just make sure you know what you are doing as far as what can go where. Enjoy!

Without wanting to detract from what you have done, you may also want to look at 'Touch Settings' which has this functionality already. (now works on the Vogue) See:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=324556 (main thread)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=347892 (vogue support thread)
30th November 2007, 02:56 PM   |  #6  

222 posts
in your post though it said that you cant do Iocns yet on the sprint touch this one i believe if you just set the filepath you can!

also carlos kind of in response to my other thread in the vogue forum.

I was at my friends house playing w/ his sprint touch, downloaded some icons from my website, and put them on w/ this prog. I just saved files to the windows folder with BRN extension and it worked? Idk if it will w/ touch settings, but this one works for that purpose....

still not sure though if you need different size icons for mediahub..???

also still my question..... do you have to stop running the mediahub.exe or w/e the file is called before installilng this puppy?
30th November 2007, 03:32 PM   |  #7  

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambush276

in your post though it said that you cant do Icons yet on the sprint touch this one i believe if you just set the filepath you can!

As of yesterday's build Touch Settings can display / change Sprint (BRN) Icons. Simply tap the pictures to change.
30th November 2007, 11:31 PM   |  #8  

222 posts
great! ive heard so many great things about the touch settings program.. That i want to continue using it.

My question is are the pics still fuzzy when you use BMP to BRN. OR are they clear like sprint pre installed logo's.

my final question, and i know its been asked, can i use the 119 by the other dimension for both the 3X2 and Media Hub Screen?? What dimensions do i need? on the pics?

also i heard about Media hub not closing? is this true or is it fixed?
6th December 2007, 10:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 14

226 posts
Would this work for the Bell Mobility version of the HTC Touch? (Canadian carrier, with a version of the Sprint vogue)
7th December 2007, 12:20 AM   |  #10  

222 posts
what i dont understand is th animation tab. I know how to make my own icons and stuff, my question is... like what is the animations brn?? What do i have to make for those. Do i need to change it?? I have all custom icons, does animations matter?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread