Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Become senior member?

Tip us?

waleed786
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Become senior member?

I was just wondering, what does it take to become a senior member? Do I need a certain amount of posts? How do I do it? Also, what does it take to become a moderator? Does it have something to do with the amount of posts? They always have so many! Please let me know!!!
HTC touch pro is the way to go...ya digg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waleed786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaileshashar
Old
Thanks Meter 16
100+ posts = senior member
rest i don't know.
Developer of CallFirewall and GroupSMS.
For more Pocket PC & SmartPhone Applications visit http://www.Logic-Unlimited.in/mobile.htm
------------------------------------------------------
Proud Developer @ XDA-Developers.com
------------------------------------------------------
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to shaileshashar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ivanmmj
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
What ^he^ said. You started out as a Junior member and you're already a member. It happened that same way. As far as moderator goes... probably has to do with either:
1. How respected, resourceful and trusted you are by the admins.
2. How good your application+resume looks if they hire like a real job.
3. If you can figure out how many fingers the admin is holding behind her back. lol
God bless you!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivanmmj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Alex_
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
I'm sooo close right now

Just so that this isn't a 'me too' post, wanted to add that 30 posts changes you from a junior to a regular member...

My Toys: Blue Angel | Kaiser |Thrive 10.1| Atrix | Note 2 | Galaxy S4 | Kindle Fire 7" HDX

What is XDA? | New to XDA? | Get the most out of XDA | New to forums?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Alex_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Olipro
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
thanks guys, now im gonna have to make more posts so I can become a senior, lol.
Rather than just making posts, try actually making useful ones rather than pointlessly spamming the forum with crap
MOV R0, #0
There are no stupid questions, just offensive answers.

My Recent ****e:
Raphael Unlocker
Blackstone Unlocker
Topaz Unlocker
Rhodium Unlocker

Shamelessly accepting for Hard-SPL, CustomRUU, Athena-Unlocker/Hard-SPL and Cheetah-Unlocker/Hard-SPL

Incidentally, I have a Blog
Olipro ♥ Cmonex
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Olipro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CWKJ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
There is no way you can SPAM all the way to 100 post without the notice of not only the Admin and Mods, but also some of the members here.

There were some Junior Members / Members who write nonsence, with info in 1 post which does not tally with another post got slam left & right, up & down by other normal members.

So watch your way before you either get slam or even worst, get banned!!!
iPAQ H2200 (fr Jun04)
1.10.07WWE

Dopod900 (29Dec05~2Jul07)
Aku1.0/2.0, 2.50.00WWE/1.15.00/1.30.230WWE (A2DP, Apps in ER), HelmiAKU3.5v1.3

Dopod D810 (bought for my other half fr Jun07, now my son)

O2 XDA Flame (fr Jul07, lousy O2/MWG/Arima WM5, cooked good WM6.5WWE Cotulla2)/SE M600i (fr Oct07)
Nokia HS-12W (fr Oct06~Dec07), SE HBH-DS980 (fr Dec07)

HTC Touch HD (bought for my other half fr Jun09)

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (fr Jun10)
The Following User Says Thank You to CWKJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CWKJ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olipro View Post
Rather than just making posts, try actually making useful ones rather than pointlessly spamming the forum with crap
Wow!!! You are really a very senior member.

I like your signature. It has been long time I have last seen assembly programming language. You must be a software engineer!!!
iPAQ H2200 (fr Jun04)
1.10.07WWE

Dopod900 (29Dec05~2Jul07)
Aku1.0/2.0, 2.50.00WWE/1.15.00/1.30.230WWE (A2DP, Apps in ER), HelmiAKU3.5v1.3

Dopod D810 (bought for my other half fr Jun07, now my son)

O2 XDA Flame (fr Jul07, lousy O2/MWG/Arima WM5, cooked good WM6.5WWE Cotulla2)/SE M600i (fr Oct07)
Nokia HS-12W (fr Oct06~Dec07), SE HBH-DS980 (fr Dec07)

HTC Touch HD (bought for my other half fr Jun09)

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (fr Jun10)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CWKJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vijay555
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
what does it take to become a moderator?
What's the mystery? 1,000 or a plentiful supply of vaseline.

V

PS I would love to say quality and quantity of posts helps to make you a moderator, but they made me one, and I think I failed on both counts!
releases: www.vijay555.comtwitterdonatefrappr
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vijay555 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poetryrocksalot
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Who cares about how many posts you have who cares what your title is. The title doesn't really do much. Why do you want to become a senior if you get nothing out of it? It's just a title..and you aren't granted any permissions.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to poetryrocksalot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rj*n
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i dont post much.. i read around alot tho! been here over a year still my post count is low.. i dun care though i just prefer to search/read before asking any questions rather than posting useless posts or flaming others!
IMO a senior member title doesnt matter unless you're carrying th knowledge learning yourself helping out others and praising/giving credits for others hard-work!!
Current: SGS II
ROM: Stock/Rooted

Previous: Nexus One & HTC Touch Elf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to @rj*n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe