So here we go, please follow all the steps carefully and slowly….
1. Get “Garmi Mobile XT V4PPC” from mininova.
2. Remove any previous garmin installations completely from your ppc.
3. Download A. GarminMobileXTforPocketPcwithGPS10_4100wBeta.exe
4. From pc install A to ppc and DO NOT install or run on ppc when a window appears to do so.
5. From pc install B to ppc and install and run when window appears on ppc. When program runs , it will start looking for gps device. Cancel it, go to Settings then to About and write down your 10 digit Device ID.
6. Run GarmiMobile XT V4PPC key generator on pc and put your device id and generate SW key and Map Key ( Garmin city navigator nt 2008 ).
7. Open note pad. Copy and past both keys one by one and save them as SW.UNL and GMAPSUPP.UNL.
This is a critical point. In your windows explorer uncheck HIDE FILE EXTENSIONS. NOW MAKE SURE THAT BOTH FILES DO NOT HAVE txt EXTENSION AT THE END. THEY HAVE TO BE UNL FILES.
8. Transfer these UNL files to your ppc in Garmin folder.
9. Now run Garmin from your ppc, it should be able to detect your GPS now. You do not have to be outside at this point.
Installing the Maps.
1. Download Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2008 from piratesbay. Install on your computer and run. It will ask for the unlock code, put GNG55-L8WSA-S7YET-9U246-GJFQT.
2. That should unlock the mapsource. Select your maps to be transferred, save it on desktop on pc.
3. Name newely made map file GMAPSUPP.IMG ( no txt extensions ).
4. Delete GMAPSUPP.UNL and GMAPBMAP.IMG from your ppc in Garmin directory and load new GMAPSUPP.IMG from your pc to ppc.
That’s it guys you should be able to use the maps now.
Thanks once again to all the kind souls out there who made it possible.