"Error, unkown version"

Search This thread

callumj

Dec 14, 2007
I am using the Schaps 4.00 upgrade tool after following MrVanx's guide on using HardSSPL and I seem to of got stuck a little bit. I am using an i-mate JasJam (which seems to show the "HTC Innovation" screen at boot for some reason)

When I click autodetect (The PDA is connected and ActiveSync is idle) I get the message "Error, unkown version! You should pick Safe SSPL".

Should I follow and use Safe or force Hard-SSPL. I did the reboot check for the bootloader and it reports as HERM100, so it appears Hard-SSPL is active.

Cheers in advance and apologies if I am in the wrong spot!
Callum

softonic123

Jan 26, 2007
same for me

it doesn't matter what autodetect says... If you know what you have, select it and flash (i have 2.10 olipro hardspl)
;-)
Regards,

callumj

Dec 14, 2007
Ok cool, do I just select the option?
SPL-2.02/2.10/2.30 New Bootloader

As I have the same one as you described.

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
It may be worthwhile going into bootloader mode to check that hardspl is still there..... just in case you've overwritten it with a previous flash...

If your phone is still hardSPL 2.10 then select SPL-2.02/2.10/2.30 New Bootloader. I don't know why, but sometimes this isn't detected correctly.

callumj

Dec 14, 2007
I get the RGB background and then
HERM100
IPL-1.04

HERM100
SPL-2.10.Olipro

Then obviously the Serial box at the bottom.

Looks all good?

kin0kin

Nov 4, 2007
Toronto
wcescomm.exe is the culprit. It has caused me TONNES of problems when I was cooking my rom. The process just wont close sometimes. I always close the handler with processxp (steroid xp task manager - google it) and I've never had problems with it anymore. Alternatively, start in bootloader mode and manually select the bootloader.

debonairone

Mar 26, 2007
regardless of the boot loader installed on my device (olipro 2.10), I select force sspl... I haven't had any issues that I couldn't immediately resolve...

callumj

Dec 14, 2007
It works! Horray, I am now running 4.22 from Schaps.
Thank you so much for your help, I am glad to of rid my self from rusty Windows Mobile 5.0! Cheers!

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
It works! Horray, I am now running 4.22 from Schaps.
Thank you so much for your help, I am glad to of rid my self from rusty Windows Mobile 5.0! Cheers!

Cool... welcome to the Schaps world... if you continue to enjoy his roms after some time, why not donate to him... he is a student after all... and his stuff is **** HOT...

Glad it worked out ok and welcome to the all encompassing hobby of rom flashing :) :)

callumj

Dec 14, 2007
Cool... welcome to the Schaps world... if you continue to enjoy his roms after some time, why not donate to him... he is a student after all... and his stuff is **** HOT...
Oh don't worry I plan to, I am just waiting for my Bank -> PayPal transfer to clear (currently at 0.00 balance).