Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Invisibleshield - Does it affect touchscreenability?

Tip us?

Geraldous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Invisibleshield - Does it affect touchscreenability?

Hi,

I searched but did not get any useful results.
This is about the invisibleshield.

I would like to ask anyone using the invisibleshield, if their screen protector is
1. made of the same material as what is used for the rest of the full body shield,

and also, from my experience with the invisibleshield for iPod, I noticed that it was rather sticky or clingy meaning that it was more of a slightly rubbery than plasticy texture that is found on most common, generic screen protectors. My question is: Will this affect the touchscreenability of the Tilt, meaning that

2. am I able to move my stylus over the screen easily without it being all squeakily resistant to my stylus inputs

3. and if I am able to move my finger across the screen for TouchFlo

4. and finally if using the invisibleshield will somehow make the screen less sensitive as compared to as if I were to use the generic "plastic" screen protector.

Thanks in advance!

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is 'touchscreenability' a real word?

Geraldous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, I made it up. It sounds nice though.

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No, I made it up. It sounds nice though.
There seems to be an abundance of creating new words on this site. lol.

I prefer the made up word 'touchscreeniness' though

Sorry for nitpicking

I don't have an answer for your query yet, I am yet to purchase the invisible shield. I will probably do so sometime next week.

emilgue
Old
Thanks Meter 8
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, but I personally doesn't like touching the screen with my fingers. It'll smudges
4. No

Nevermore
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, the screen does have some resistance to the stylus. I eventually got used to it because my Kaiser is slow and I need to scroll slowly anyway.

Overall a great product. I'm selling my Kaiser today on eBay (bought it for the video camera and i'm disappointed) and the screen + body is flawless.

Geraldous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry to head about your Kaiser. I didn't think it would be so frustratingly slow.
Thanks for letting me know.

plchan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldous View Post
Sorry to head about your Kaiser. I didn't think it would be so frustratingly slow.
Thanks for letting me know.
I just bought a ATT Tilt from eBay and I would need to purchase few accessories.

Can you provide your feedback once you installed the Invisibleshield on your Kaiser/TyTn II? thanks

ecltech
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The Invisibleshield works good after you get use to the feeling of the screen. I've used other shields on my Tilt and I think they are better compared to the Invisibleshield for navigating. I'm actually going to replace it later with one I had before. I do have the invisibleshield on other devices (camera, Dell PDA, old phone) and it works well. With the Tilt, I flash ROMs that are much quicker than the stock ROM and sometimes you have to apply more pressure with the stylus or finger to navigate.

What I would recommend is get the Invisibleshield, try it out and if it doesn't work they have a money back guarantee.

Crazysamz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I found it to be unbearable on my 8GB Zune's screen, So when I got mine for my Tilt, I decided to only install the body protector and install a different screen protector, one made by Javo. The Javo screen protector is excellent, it comes with a cleaning microfiber cloth and a squeegee card, and it is really good. The invisibleshield, on the other hand, makes the screen all colored weird, and it looks like crap.