Registry tweaks to save some RAM
The most important thing. Back up your user data!! You cant harm your device since you can almost in any case master reset but when performing master reset the internal storage will be erased. Back up your registry as well. Some services, networks and relateed stuff may stop working.
Every time WM boots, system writes amount of free memory. Check it and compare free memory spare after performing selected tweaks.
HKCU\Performance\Available RAM on boot
I have performed master reset, set Default homescreen (WeatherUpdateService take too much ram space), installed Resco Explorer, Registry Editor, Celetask, and Oxios Memory. Micro SD is inserted but all programs are stored in internal memory.
Do not continue without registry backup (PHM Registry Editor works fine) and back up of user data from internal memory (Sprite Backup)!
Safe to modify.
At your own risk.
Go to Start Menu -> Connection Setup and check if "Enable Auto Configuration" is turned off.
btdwake = Bluetooth Disk Driver (BT FTP)
- Launch98: TimeWizard.exe
- Launch99: SAPSettings.exe
- Launch100: uptimesqm.exe
- Launch101: ConnectionSetupAuto.exe
HKLM\Services (Delete. Be vary carful with these keys! WM may not start if you delete needed key. Backup this registry if you would need these services in the future.)
- Windows Live
- Trusted (this key cannot be deleted, so delete all values except "SIMInit: siminit.dll")
- EnableCache: 0
- EnableAUTODetect: 0
- EnableAutoNotify: 0
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn (Create "Flags: 4" (DWORD))
- Error Reporting
- Flags: 4
- Flags: 4
- Available RAM on boot: 19 701 640 B
- Task Manager shows: 19,252 KB
- Freeing memory using Oxios Hibernate: 20 260 KB
- Task Manager shows then: 19,720 KB
After the tweaks:
- Available RAM on boot: 21 381 120 B
- Task Manager shows: 20,736 KB
- Freeing memory using Oxios Hibernate: 21696 KB
- Task Manager shows then: 21,356 KB
Well, cca 1.5 MB isnt too much but since there is so little RAM, every single MB counts.
Now I have to put all the programs back on Wings and see if there will be any change.
- "Flag = 4" means service wont be loaded
- I tried to set "Keep = 0" for services in "HKLM\Services" but it just did not work so smooth as deleting. ("Keep = 0" should unload the service after initialization)
- Its mostly BlueTooth/OBEX/A2DP, SIM/SIM Toolkit, network services... which i dont use so much.
Do you know any other RAM saving tweak (only memory related)?
Has anyone tried to change IE cache limit? It returns back to 5120 after reset...