Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

StarTrek Sim unlock

Tip us?

jockyw2001
Old
(Last edited by jockyw2001; 12th February 2008 at 12:26 AM.) Reason: added Simlock kit
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default StarTrek Sim unlock

I have developed a method to *SIM* unlock the StarTrek. It works fine, see here.

I will not develop a program to find the codes. There are a couple of reasons: there are people who will use my sw to rip-off users on e.g. ebay; I have too little time to do the development; HTC wouldn't like the idea of me publishing a program using their intellectual property.

To find unlockcodes, I'm running firmware code in an ARM simulator. It takes about an hour to find the code and it's quite a laborous and delicate task to set it all up.

So I'm currently unlocking startrek, excalibur, vox and oxygen phones on a case-by-case basis. Contact me by PM and I will make you a reasonable offer.

You will have to send me 2 files which allow me to find your unique unlockcode. See description below.

Make sure your phone is application unlocked before carrying out these steps. In this post you find a simple description and program to do that.

1. run:
Code:
pmemdump -a 0xB002709C 16 docid.bin
This creates a binary file docid.bin. The tool pmemdump is part of the itsutil toolset by itsme, download here

2. run:
Code:
pdocread -n 1 0x000000 0x20000 -b 0x4000 simlock.bin
This creates a binary file simlock.bin. The tool pdocread is also part of the itsutil toolset by itsme.

Zip both files (docid.bin and simlock.bin) and email them to me. Contact me by PM first to get my email address.

EDIT

To easily produce the files unzip the attached Simlock kit on your PC and run simlock.bat (you should have an Activesync connection via USB cable). Two files are produced in the subfolder "1": docid.bin and simlock.bin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Simlock-kit.zip - [Click for QR Code] (387.1 KB, 621 views)
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891

ericharlz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default unlock strtrk

sent u a PM
tanager
typhoon
wizard
tornado
strtrek

kayawu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericharlz View Post
sent u a PM
guys is it possible to unlock this phone? (free)

ericharlz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayawu View Post
guys is it possible to unlock this phone? (free)
don't think so.. no one published a free unlocker for this product yet..
tanager
typhoon
wizard
tornado
strtrek

htc_hao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can be given a free tutorial?可以吗?

williamn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just got my startrek sim unlocked, thanks JockyW!

neogainax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i pm'ed you

pbelcl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default unlock possible ?

Hi folks,

here my files, ist the unlock possible ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip unlock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (64.4 KB, 170 views)

pbelcl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default unlock my startrek

Hi Folks,

is there really nobody can help to unlock my startrek??

neutronscott
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Just got my unlock code. Worth the $25. Other places want $40-50 and take 24-72 hours, possibly telling you "Not Found" as was my reply from 2 vendors. JockeyW not only verified he could get the code before taking my money, I get the code very quickly. Thanks!