5,599,337 Members 37,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HardSPL will not install - WHITE SCREEN: SOLVED (UPDATE 01. March 2008)

Tip us?

puneet_july30
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw View Post
Run KaiserUnlocker on the Desktop

Dave
I tried running it from desktop but it was giving me error - The application failed to initialize properly. Click on OK to terminate the application .
so I though I might have to run it from phone.
But now I redownloaded KaiserUnlock.exe and when I am trying to run it from my XP desktop it is giving me the same error.
And when I am executing it from my Vista Laptop it is running perfectly so should I use it with my Vista Laptop.

Thanks
Puneet
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Ultimate N7000 XXLSC JellyBean 4.1.2 v5.1
Kernel - "3.0.31 - 593490 / se.infra@sei-46 # 3"

mehtcaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Toyol View Post
Hi there,

I just bought a new TyTNII yesterday, tried to HardSPL using Kaiser Hard-SPL v1 but stuck at white screen. So I tried the steps suggested by jockyw2001. Running JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe, I got USB on the display. Everything seems fine until this step. But then, when I unplug the USB cable (ActiveSync grey), and replug again, I cannot establish Activesync anymore. Tried 5 times, same result. I am running Vista Ultimate.

Any help people?

-Red-

Edit: Solution

1. After you run JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe, you will get the Rainbow screen on your device with "USB" appears on it
2. Unplug and replug. IMPORTANT: The activeSync will not establish. So what you need to do is to make sure the USB is connected. How? Open your PC/Laptop's Windows Device Manager. In Vista, you should find "Mobile Device" in the device list. In XP, if not mistaken, you should get something like "Windows Mobile". This shows that USB connection to your Kaiser is working (although ActiveSync not sync).
3. Run KaiserCustomRUU.exe from flash-hardSPL.zip on your PC, then follow instructions. Your Kaiser will reboot after this completed.
4. Just to make sure things are all okay, hold power+camera+reset and check the BootLoader screen, if successful you should see "SPL-1.0.OliPof" in the second line. Soft reset.

First and foremost thanks to everyone taking time to help us with this upgrade.

I was able to install the KaiserCustomRUU.exe (first I had a problem but I just continued with the prompts and it completed the installation EVEN though I got a window that says program may not have installed) so after it did its thing I did a bootloader screen to check it and instead of getting "SPL-1.0.OliPof" I got "SPL-1.93.0000" So...what does this mean? Where do I go from here? How do I know if it worked?

Thanks in advance!

DaveShaw
Old
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehtcaddict View Post
First and foremost thanks to everyone taking time to help us with this upgrade.

I was able to install the KaiserCustomRUU.exe (first I had a problem but I just continued with the prompts and it completed the installation EVEN though I got a window that says program may not have installed) so after it did its thing I did a bootloader screen to check it and instead of getting "SPL-1.0.OliPof" I got "SPL-1.93.0000" So...what does this mean? Where do I go from here? How do I know if it worked?

Thanks in advance!
It means that Hard SPL probably didn't install. Here, follow this guide and see how you get on .

Dave
--Retired.

DaveShaw
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_july30 View Post
I tried running it from desktop but it was giving me error - The application failed to initialize properly. Click on OK to terminate the application .
so I though I might have to run it from phone.
But now I redownloaded KaiserUnlock.exe and when I am trying to run it from my XP desktop it is giving me the same error.
And when I am executing it from my Vista Laptop it is running perfectly so should I use it with my Vista Laptop.

Thanks
Puneet
Your XP machine probably doesn't have the .Net framework on it.

Vista has it by default, so either use the vista machine, or install the .Net Framework : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If you are using Vista, make sure you have the latest WMDC drivers installed.

Thanks
Dave
--Retired.

mehtcaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It means that Hard SPL probably didn't install. Here, follow this guide and see how you get on .

Dave
There must be something I'm missing... I was able to go through steps 14 from page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=433835 and nothing happened what am I doing wrong?

DaveShaw
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
There must be something I'm missing... I was able to go through steps 14 from page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=433835 and nothing happened what am I doing wrong?
What does it say in you bootloader at the moment? Still 1.93? If it does something must be going wrong in one of the steps, either the RUU is failing to flash (should report an error if so) or Jump SPL is not been used correctly.

Thanks
Dave
--Retired.

mehtcaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What does it say in you bootloader at the moment? Still 1.93? If it does something must be going wrong in one of the steps, either the RUU is failing to flash (should report an error if so) or Jump SPL is not been used correctly.

Thanks
Dave
Well even though the steps didn't say to run the Kaiserunlocker I did and somewhere along the line I think I "bricked" my phone I'm getting a black spotted screen even after I hard reset my phone. So it looks like I have to get a new phone. But anyways thanks for the helpful tips at least I was close.

DaveShaw
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Well even though the steps didn't say to run the Kaiserunlocker I did and somewhere along the line I think I "bricked" my phone I'm getting a black spotted screen even after I hard reset my phone. So it looks like I have to get a new phone. But anyways thanks for the helpful tips at least I was close.
Put your phone into the bootloader and flash a stock ROM, the latest HTC 3.34 one off the wiki should do the trick : http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=Kaiser_ROMs

Ta
Dave
--Retired.

mehtcaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Put your phone into the bootloader and flash a stock ROM, the latest HTC 3.34 one off the wiki should do the trick : http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=Kaiser_ROMs

Ta
Dave
Wow thanks! That worked. Okay so this is going to be a noob question but do I run the kaiserunlocker before I run JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe?

DaveShaw
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Wow thanks! That worked. Okay so this is going to be a noob question but do I run the kaiserunlocker before I run JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe?
I think your confusing the steps, as am I now .

mskip has a guide that covers all the steps to unlocking your phone and flashing ROMs.

Just follow it through : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=433835

Ta
Dave
--Retired.