Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network

Tip us?

osu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network

Once I tried to connect the free wifi on Atlanta airport. Since then my ATT 8525 randomly displays this message "There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network.
Just FYI, I do not ATT internet subscription.
I can receive text messages and calls as usual but today when I tried to sync my phone with my laptop, it gave errors like make Outlook express as your default mail server.

I cannot sync my phone to my laptop which was possible until I started getting the GPRS messages.

Please help me.

fuzzvirus
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Check your selected network and see by changing it to correct network settings. I am not sure if it is going to resolve your problem or not.

alonav
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network

I'm having the same problem.
I do not have a GPRS service.
I do not need it because i use WIFI.
Can i make wifi my only data connection with the HD2?
thnx

iiodii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
go to settings>connections>connections
the touch manage connections and delete the default tmobile gprs setting by touching it and holding til delete come up.

Ismat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just fyi,

I was facing this problem, and iiodii's solution worked fine, or simply :

Go to settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks >
Check both options to 'My Work Network' or any network other than your Mobile provider connection.

An advise "Just for users who will reach this topic" (I did through Google )

darnocs1@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This didn't work. I'm having the same problem: GPRS not working when I try to send/receive MMS, and it all started after I started using wifi. Should I flash the radio?

taz357
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have Hermes 200- two years ago I had the same problem-this is what I did: went to the WIKI and downloaded "network settings" for my phone (cab) and loaded directly to my phone, soft reseted and that was it. Savy!?!!

Touch Pro2 (6.5 ready to mod!!!)
Hermes Unlocked (WM6)
Hera 100 Unlocked (WM5)

"Stillness alone is the potentiality for creativity: movement aline is creativity restricted to a certain aspect of it expression.
But the combination of movement and stillness enables you to unleash your creativity in all directions"

-Deepak Chopra-

janeli
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sorry to hear that.good luck to u .

granitoos
Old
(Last edited by granitoos; 23rd November 2011 at 11:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Go to phone and then menu and then options and go to BAND, don't choose auto but chose GSM OR CDMA both of them. Hope it will help all of you.